Take a small-group day trip of the beautiful Hunter Valley in a luxury mini bus with leather reclining seats and expert local guide explaining the history of the region and interesting commentary. Sample the region’s delicious wines and freshest local produce. You'll visit artisanal small-production wineries and enjoy a gourmet lunch at a local restaurant. Tour numbers are limited to 13 passengers on this small-group tour to the Hunter Valley, for a more personalized experience.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hunter Valley, New South Wales Australia
Your informative and knowledgeable guide will collect you from the agreed Sydney or Hunter Valley pick up point. Departing Sydney we travel north over the Sydney Harbour Bridge directly to the Hunter Valley, which is nestled in the lee of the Great Dividing Range. Enroute we will take a short restroom stop.
Arriving into the valley, this is Australia’s oldest and best-known wine region and is soaked in 180 years of history. It’s a dynamic and fascinating area that brims with over 150 top class wineries, indulgent restaurants as well as gourmet produce and boutique breweries
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Binnorie Dairy Lovedale, 25 Lodge Rd, Pokolbin, Cessnock, New South Wales 2325 Australia
Your first stop and tasting of the day is at Binnorie Dairy in Lovedale. Taste an array of soft cheeses including buche de chevre, washed rind, feta and brie. All cheeses are made on site, and you’ll also have the opportunity to learn more about the processes and procedures of cheesemaking.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Pokolbin NSW 2320, Australia
Next stop is Pokolbin in the heart of the Hunter Valley. Pokolbin is Australia's oldest continuous wine region with a history dating back to the early 1800s. There are many great cellar doors to visit, and we have put together some great tasting experiences where you will learn more about the winemaking process and taste some of the best wines the Hunter Valley has to offer. Two tastings are included in your Hunter Valley day trip. The cellar door visited on an AEA Luxury Tour include Wandin Estate, Audrey Wilkinson, Leogate Winery, Bimbadgen Estate, Tulloch Wines, and Hunters Dream Estate.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Wine House Hunter Valley, 426 McDonalds Rd, Pokolbin, Cessnock, New South Wales 2320 Australia
For lunch, we will head to the Wine House, a one stop cellar door and restaurant showcasing over 40 wines from a range of boutique winemakers. From traditional varieties to new and emerging, there is always an outstanding line up of wines on tasting. Taking a seat at the bar, your host will take you on a relaxed journey through a range of fantastic wines, personalised to your tastes. On conclusion of the tasting, you will indulge with a delicious grazing board lunch featuring a wide variety of local produce.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hunter Distillery, 1686 Broke Rd, Pokolbin, Cessnock, New South Wales 2320 Australia
The last stop in the Hunter Valley is the Hunter Distillery. Here you can sample vodka, flavoured gin or liqueur. The Hunter Distillery use premium quality organic raw ingredients to produce an exceptional range of top shelf spirits.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales
Depart from the Hunter Valley approximately 3.30pm to to arrive back in Sydney approximately 5.30- 6.00pm
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small-group tour of maximum 17 people
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Gourmet lunch with wine selection
- Wine tastings
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Hunter Valley
- Entry/Admission - Binnorie Dairy Lovedale
- Entry/Admission - Wine House Hunter Valley
- Entry/Admission - Hunter Distillery
- Food and drinks, unless specified
1: Amora Hotel, 11 Jamison St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
2: View Sydney, 17 Blue St, North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia
3: The Concourse, 409 Victoria Ave, Chatswood NSW 2067, Australia
4: 7-Eleven Turramurra, 1408 Old Pacific Hwy, Turramurra NSW 2074, Australia
5: Ada Avenue, Ada Ave, Wahroonga NSW 2076, Australia
6: Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, 430 Wine Country Dr, Lovedale NSW 2325, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up time may vary slightly on the day of travel. You will receive the exact departure time closer to the date of your confirmed tour
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the AEA Luxury Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.