Sydney's Northern Beaches are simply stunning. This birding tour will take you the best locations in the area. With your guide's knowledge, we will show you all the resident and migrant birds in the various habitats of the area. There are over 300 different birds recorded in the northern beaches, approx one third of all birds in Australia.
The rich variety of habitats make this area a birding heaven. Long sandy beaches, rocky headlands, saltwater lagoons, swamps, rivers, rainforests and classic aussie bushland.
Your guide has an expert knowledge of the area, and its birdlife. With his experience you will hear and see over 40 species of birds.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dee Why Lagoon, Dee Why, Warringah, New South Wales Australia
Your birding guide will meet you at the starting point and take you on a walking tour of the lagoon. Expect to see a variety of bush birds and saltwater lagoon species. These include ducks and egrets, fairywrens, wattlebirds, lorikeets, cuckoo shrike and more.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Long Reef Point, 989 Pittwater Rd - Griffith Park Long Reef Reserve, Collaroy Beach, Warringah, New South Wales NSW 2097 Australia
After a short 5 minute drive from Dee Why Lagoon, we walk from the headland to the rock platform. Depending on the tide, we either use a scope to view the birds on the platform or walk (wet feet!) out to get a better view. Birds include cormorant, darter, pelican, heron, kettle and osprey. Migrant waders can also be see and include summer visitors such as plovers, stints, turnstones and tattlers. Winter migrants include plovers and terns. This is also a great location for passing seabirds such as gannet, shearwaters, petrels and albatross.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Warriewood Wetlands, 14 Jacksons Rd, Warriewood, Pittwater, New South Wales 2102 Australia
The Warriewood Wetlands are a remnant inland swamp mahogany wetland. Here, we follow the boardwalk and paths around to the settling ponds. Birds often seen include swamphen, ducks, rails, bulbuls, fairywrens, cormorants, spoonbill, thornbills, goshawks, honeyeaters, pardalotes and finches.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Irrawong Road, Irrawong Rd, North Narrabeen NSW 2101, Australia
Across the road from the wetlands lies Irrawong Reserve, a short boardwalk and a subtropical rainforest and waterfall to finish the tour!
Birds here include kingfisher and dollarbird (summer), fantails, cockatoos, gerygone, whistlers and parrots.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Bird book and app
Dee why beach public amenitys, 98 Dee Why Parade, Dee Why NSW 2099, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Aussie Birding Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.