Mountain biking is a great way to energise the mind and body and enjoy the great outdoors. Spend a day breathing fresh country air, exploring fantastic trails and testing your fitness in a small group of up to 8 riders.
Riders of all levels will enjoy the network of trails in two iconic locations. Travel out of Melbourne to a popular 17km of hand-built, easy/intermediate singletrack located within the Wombat State Forest. 2 hrs riding.
Re-energise with lunch at Holgate’s Brewery and then head 1hr North towards Bendigo. This region has three great trail networks to consider depending on ability; Harcourt is the new kid on the block with big jumps and berms and lots of technical riding while the trail networks in Bendigo and Castlemaine are more intermediate, flowing, bush trails. After 2 more hours of riding we return to Melbourne.
• Minimum 2 riders
• Saturday, Sunday
• 0830 - 1730
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wombat State Forest, Corner Track, Ashbourne VIC 3442, Australia
Travel out of Melbourne to Woodend where the handmade trails in the Wombat State Forest will have you weaving through trees on a fairly easy circuit with some great challenges. This popular, well-established trail network is 17km long and takes us around 2 hours to complete.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: La Larr Ba Gauwa Park, Picnic Gully Rd, Harcourt North VIC 3453, Australia
A 35-minute journey up the Calder highway brings us to the township of Harcourt just outside of the gold mining township of Bendigo. Millions of dollars have been poured into a 34km network of Green, Blue and Black trails although most trails are for moderate or advanced riders. Built by ‘Dirt Art’, these groomed trails test your all of your skills and fitness while delivering big berms, big smiles and stunning views. We again spend a couple of hours here or for less experienced groups of riders we can use an easier hand-built trails network closer to Bendigo.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Mountain Bikes are supplied by Woodend Cycles. These are well maintained Giant hardtail bikes with front suspension. We can arrange the hire of full suspension bikes at an additional charge. This request needs to made at the time of booking and is subject to availability.
- Shimano SPD pedals can be arranged on request.
- Sports/cycling clothing encouraged including flat soled shoes. A windproof/waterproof spray jacket is advisable.
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting point
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Use of First Aid medical kit
- Use of bicycle and helmet
- Use of tools and spares
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Holgate brewery has an incredible beer range all brewed on-site and the food is perfect fuel for the afternoon ride. Take it easy on the beer though as the best riding is to come!
- Alcoholic drinks at lunch (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Woodend VIC 3442, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Australian Natural Treasures Touring in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.