A whole day of thrills, Rock Climbing in the Blue Mountains, departing from and returning to our office in Katoomba.
This course is perfect for those who have never climbed or who are looking to get out of the climbing gym and onto the rock!
You will learn about:
• Safety on the rock
• Using climbing equipment
• How to use various footholds & handholds
• Proper belay technique
• Many other climbing techniques
We’ll also picnic amid the beautiful bush, with a tasty lunch supplied- Please be sure to inform us on your booking form if you have any special dietary requirements!
About This Deal
Get a taste of Rock Climbing before committing yourself to a full climbing course! This day is perfect for those who have never climbed or who are looking to get out of the climbing gym and onto the rock!
You will learn about:
Safety on the rock
Using climbing equipment
How to use various footholds & handholds
Proper belay technique
Many other climbing techniques
Our introductory course will let you experience the fun and excitement of vertical rock by giving you the maximum amount of climbing activity interspersed with some important training to help you along the way.
Afterwards you'll be able to return to complete day two of our Rock 1 Course to bring you up to a full Beginners Rockclimbing level! The climbing will range from easy to challenging with ample opportunity for you to try a range of varied climbing styles from faces to cracks. There will also be a class in abseiling for those who have never experienced that activity.
All technical equipment is supplied as well as highly trained instructors to ensure your adventure is safe, fun and exhilarating.
• Australian School of Mountaineering, 166b Katoomba St, Katoomba, New South Wales 2780 Australia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- All technical equipment
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Drinks, unless specified
166 Katoomba St, Katoomba NSW 2780, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Australian School Of Mountaineering in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.