Adventure seekers and outdoorsy people can enjoy a 2-day guided tour to spectacular Fraser Island with a stop at Cooloola Recreation Area on the way. Walk through rainforest at Pile Valley, Central Station, Wanggoolba Creek and dip in the clear waters of Lake Birrabeen, Seventy-Five Mile Beach and Eli Creek. Ride in a 4WD vehicle down Seventy-Five Mile Beach to the Maheno Shipwreck and spend the night at a beach resort. Join a fun and informative guide to find adventures and natural beauty on this stunning island.
What You'll Get
Fraser Island was formed from sand that drifted off of mainland Australia over the millennia. It is now the biggest sand island in the world as well as the only locale where the rainforest grows in sand. With dozens of freshwater lakes and creeks, hulking sand dunes and expansive rainforest, the island boasts plenty of beautiful places to explore. No wonder it was named K’Gari — paradise — by the local Aboriginal people.
Stay overnight at Eurong Beach Resort, located on Seventy-Five Mile Beach. Have a choice of a private twin room or a shared 4-person room with motel-style accommodation (see Pricing for details). Some meals are included on each day.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- National park and ferry fees (AU$60pp cash must be paid to the driver upon departure)
- Please bring sunscreen, hat, towel and swimwear
- Please restrict luggage to 22lbs (10kg)
- The free Cooloola tour is subject to time, tidal and weather conditions, and is not 100% guaranteed. Your guide makes every effort to include all activities and destinations listed. However due to the extreme nature of Fraser Island, and weather unpredictability in general, some activities are subject to tide, time, off road conditions and weather factors.
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Infants 4 years and below are not allowed on tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Local guide
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Quad share accommodation (may be 5-share during peak season)
- Transport by 4WD vehicle
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National park and ferry fees (AU$60pp cash must be paid to the driver on departure)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Australian Sunset Safaris in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.