Spend your days exploring Queensland’s wild treasures, and your nights at beach resorts, on a guided 5-day tour to Fraser Island and the Great Barrier Reef. On Fraser Island, embark on nature walks through rain forests and along rocky coastlines, and splash around the waters of Seventy-Five Mile Beach and Eli Creek. Swim in an area known for its turtles and visit the world's largest turtle research center (April to October), enjoy the Mon Repos Turtle Centre conservation talk (November to March), and spot humpback whales (June to November). The second half of your trip takes you to the Great Barrier Reef for snorkeling, with optional upgrade activities such as scuba diving and deep-sea fishing. Most meals, round-trip transport, and accommodation make it easy to immerse yourself in Australia’s natural beauty.
About This Deal
Travel with a group of like-minded explorers on a guided tour of Fraser Island and the Great Barrier Reef, two of Australia’s UNESCO World Heritage sites!
Fraser Island is the biggest sand island in the world, created over millennia from sand drifting off of mainland Australia. You'll come to understand why the local Aboriginal people named it K’Gari, or paradise, as you explore freshwater lakes and creeks, giant sand dunes, and lush rainforest, among other natural treasures.
The next day, head further north to Kelly's Beach Resort, your home base for exploring the Great Barrier Reef. Take a full-day boat tour to Lady Musgrave Island on the Great Barrier Reef, where you can snorkel, swim in an area known for turtles, and discover the underwater world.
You will stay at beachside resorts in three locations, with your choice of a private room or shared accommodation. See Pricing for a range of lodging options. Each day, you’ll enjoy various included activities, as well as the chance to participate in optional activities (at own expense). Three breakfasts, two lunches, and three dinners are included.
Please note: Tour pricing does not include National Park and ferry fees and Great Barrier Reef tax (AU$270 per person, cash), which must be paid to the driver on departure.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Please bring sunscreen, hat and swimwear
- Please restrict luggage to 22lbs (10kg)
- National Park and ferry fees, and Great Barrier Reef Tax (AU$270pp cash must be paid to the driver on arrival departure)
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Accommodation as per itinerary. Dormitory-style accommodation, sleeps up to 7-people (subject to change based on availability)
- Activities as per itinerary
- Local guide
- Transport by 4WD vehicle
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- National Park and ferry fees, and Great Barrier Reef Tax (AU$270 per adult, AU$180 per child 13 yrs old & below, cash must be paid to the driver on arrival departure)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Activities as per itinerary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Australian Sunset Safaris in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.