Take a journey to the world famous Great Ocean Road with the 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge, Wild Koalas and surf beaches to embrace the spectacular coastline. Enjoy your discounted entry ticket to Melbourne's best attraction, which includes Eureka Skydeck and Edge Experience. Explore the highest vantage point in the southern hemisphere. Use this ticket at your own leisure upon return to Melbourne.
What You'll Get
Starting the day bright and early, you leave Melbourne city between 7-7:45am and begin the drive over the Westgate Bridge towards the Great Ocean Road. The drive takes you an hour and a half to get to your first stop at a local surf beach for morning tea. A short drive away takes us to Memorial Arch, also known as the Great Ocean Road sign. Grab yourself some happy snaps under this iconic archway. Winding along the coastline and passing through many small seaside towns you make a stop where your guide will help you spot some of the furry koalas in their natural habitat. Continuing the journey along the breathtaking coastline will take you to the township of Apollo Bay for a lunch and a little time to explore this seaside town. Ask your guide where to find some Vegemite ice-cream!
The mornings drive is spent with the road and ocean winding along together. After lunch the road runs away from the coast line as you head into the depths of the Otway Ranges. Your guide will take you on a guided walk through this wonderland pointing out some of the worlds tallest and oldest tree species. From here it's some more driving through the Otways until the road and coastline join again at the Shipwreck Coast. Here you will find three of the major attractions for the day: the 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and Gibson Steps. Take in the wonder that is the 12 Apostles and see the result of hundreds of years worth of coastal erosion. A short drive away will take you to your next stop of Loch Ard Gorge. Hear the tale of the Loch Ard and it's demise before stepping down into the gorge itself. Another short drive away till take you to Gibson Steps that are a series of stairs carved into the coastline taking you down to beach level to be towered by the large limestone monoliths known as Gog and Magog.
After a long day exploring this spectacular coastline and it's stories, buckle up for the journey back to Melbourne as you head inland through country Victoria, arriving back to the City between 8-9pm.
Now you're back in the city you can take advantage of your Eureka Skydeck and Edge Experience pass! The highest vantage point from a building in the Southern Hemisphere. Take a step out 88 floors above the ground in the glass bottomed Edge experience and take in the 360 degree views of the worlds most liveable city. You can use your pass at any time during your stay in Melbourne.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 4 years old
- Departure times and locations may vary slightly
- Pickup and drop-off services for inner city Melbourne and St Kilda at select places
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Our vehicles are not wheelchair, prams or child stroller accessible please refrain from bring on tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 38 travelers
- Morning Tea & Biscuits
- On-board water refill station
- Modern Air Conditioned Bus
- Highly Experienced Driver/Guide
- Informative Tour Commentary
- WiFi for the journey home
- Inner city pickup/drop off (selected hotels only)
- download our FREE App “Tour Translations of Australia” before travel! Available in Google Play & Apple App Store in 10 languages.
- Entry/Admission - Eureka Skydeck
- Entry/Admission - Great Otway National Park
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Athenaeum Theatre, 188 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Autopia Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.