Between Adelaide to Melbourne stretches the treacherous shipwreck coastline, rugged mountain ranges and miles of natural bushland rich in wildlife and Aboriginal history. Explore the wild south-west and discover the hidden treasures of this region. Of course, you could fly directly between Adelaide and Melbourne but why would you want to miss all the treasures of the south. During the two day trip you will see the world famous Great Ocean Road, Loch Ard Gorge, Brambuk Aboriginal Culture Centre, Australian wildife, the 12 Apostles, London Bridge (or Gibson Steps), the Grampians National Park and do a guided walk through Otway’s Rainforest.
What You'll Get
Day 1: Adelaide to the Grampians (D)
Departing Adelaide early on your 24-seater bus, you'll set off towards the Grampians National Park, an area rich in Aboriginal culture and set in a beautiful, rugged ancient landscape. Embark on a walk in the national park and take in some of the breathtaking views at Boroka and Reed’s Lookout. Then, make your way to Mackenzie Falls, where you will hike to view the falls from above. After enjoying a fantastic day in the Grampians, make your way to your accommodation for the evening.
Accommodation: Hostel dormitory with shared bathroom facilities
Day 2: The Grampians to Melbourne (B)
Departing the Grampians, set off for the majestic Great Ocean Road to enjoy the stunning scenery of the famous coastline. Passing through the seaside town of Port Campbell, stop to admire the amazing Twelve Apostles and Loch And Gorge, where you'll learn all about the history of one of Australia’s most famous shipwrecks. A breathtaking bushwalk through one of the oldest rainforests, the Otway Ranges is followed by a stop in the town of Apollo Bay.
Next up, take a break in Kennett River to do some koala spotting and listen to the abundant bird-life. Winding your way along the rest of the Great Ocean Road, you will be blown away by some world class coastal views, before arriving in Melbourne.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, not wheelchair accessible due to uneven surfaces.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Minimum age is 8 years old, not suitable for children under this age.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult, children must stay in private rooms not share dormitories.
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Over-sized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Overnight accommodation 1 Night
- National Park fees
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- One-way shared transfer
- Small-group touring option (max 24 pax)
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Live commentary on board
- Entry/Admission - Grampians National Park
- Entry/Admission - Reed Lookout
- Entry/Admission - MacKenzie Falls
- Entry/Admission - Boroka Lookout
- Hotel drop-off
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Adelaide Central YHA, 135 Waymouth St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Athenaeum Theatre, 188 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Autopia Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.