Get out of the city and spend a relaxing and peaceful day out in the beautiful Dandenong Ranges which is less than an hour from Melbourne by road. In the serenity of the forest, discover unique sculptures of Aboriginal people, and learn about their culture and spirituality, at the wonderous William Ricketts Sanctuary. Enjoy a wholesome lunch at a homely and cosy restaurant. Spend time in nature and explore the majestic eucalyptus and fern tree forest on a leisurely and short walk . Due to COVID-19 and social distancing rules, private tours are available for a single person or a couple,so it's a more personal experience. Tour starts at 10.00am and finishes at around 4.30pm which means you don't have to get up early, and still have plenty of time in the evenings to do other things.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: William Ricketts Sanctuary, Mount Dandenong Tourist Road, Mount Dandenong, Victoria 3767 Australia
In the serenity of the forest, discover sculptures of Aboriginal people that tell the story of their culture and spirituality.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Dandenong Ranges National Park, Mount Dandenong Tourist Rd Treemont, Melbourne, Victoria 3787 Australia
Take a leisurely walk in the main forest of the Dandenong Ranges, where you will be amongst the second tallest trees in the world, the Mountain Ash eucalyptus tree, and the ancient Fern tree forest. Soak in the sights and sounds of this beautiful forest.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Since the tour is given in a 5 seater SUV, currently the tour is private for either a single person, or a couple. This way there is space between the tour guide/driver and the customers, who will sit in the back seat. Your guide will contact you a day or two in advance to confirm things.
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
St Paul's Cathedral, Melbourne, Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up time is 10.00am.
The usual pick up location is in front of St Pauls Cathedral on Flinders St, in the city.
Hotel pick up is also possible if staying in the city, or north of the city.
For a request to be picked up from accommodation, please make this request in the notes and provide the name and address of accommodation, while making the booking.
The tour guide will be in contact close to the date of travel, to confirm the pick up location.
6 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Awaken Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.