Canberra is a beautiful city of lakes, parks, national buildings and colorful tree lined streets surrounded by bush land and mountains. To view this remarkable planned city from a balloon provides a unique perspective. No other way of seeing Canberra so effectively brings together designer Walter Burley Griffin’s vision and how it has been translated into the vibrant capital that Canberra has become. Your experience starts with meeting at the Hyatt Hotel 30 minutes before sunrise and ends after landing with a traditional sparkling wine celebration and commemorative ‘Flight Certificate´. All flights last between 45 minutes and 1 hour.
About This Deal
Your flight experience begins early in the morning at the Hyatt Hotel, centrally located on Commonwealth Ave, a two minute walk from Parliament House.
You'll meet just before dawn as this is the best time to fly. From the Hyatt you are taken to the launch site. It takes around 20-25 minutes for the balloon to be inflated and standing upright ready for boarding. You are welcome to help with the setup of the balloon or simply stand back and take photos as your aircraft takes shape and comes to life.
Dawn lift-off! As the new day dawns, you will ascend into the sky in your colourful balloon. Your balloon will float gently along the breeze, whilst in your basket you will feel completely secure with very little sensation of movement. During your flight you may find yourself drifting just above the treetops then moments later effortlessly ascending to heights of 2000-feet or more.
Photography from the balloon is encouraged and you will be rewarded with stunning shots of Canberra, providing you with years of fond memories.
After approximately one hour you will be greeted by your ground crew as you touch back down to earth. The balloon is packed away with lots of laughs, then you hop back into one of the vehicles and return to the Canberra Hyatt. Enjoy a glass of Australian sparkling wine as you are presented with a commemorative flight certificate as part of our traditional ballooning celebration.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- You must phone the local operator the morning one hour before the meeting time to confirm the weather is suitable for the flight to go ahead
- A jacket is recommended in spring and autumn. From late May to August very warm clothes including hats and gloves may be necessary as frosts do occur
- Enclosed shoes are recommended
- Meeting and pick up times vary throughout the year, based on the time of sunrise
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Children 0-5 are not permitted
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- 45-60 minute balloon flight
- Flight Certificate
- Sparkling wine
- Pickup and drop-off from major central Hotels
- Breakfast is not included but a full buffet breakfast is available for purchase at the Hyatt Hotel Canberra.
120 Commonwealth Ave, Yarralumla ACT 2600, Australia
Departure and returns times vary throughout the year. Summer: 5:00am to 9:00am. Winter: 6:00am to 10:00am.
Meeting/pick up time is approximately 30 minutes before sunrise. The exact time will be confirmed when booking.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Balloon Aloft Canberra in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.