We have the only license to run tours to the Figure 8 Pools!
Enjoy a guided hike in the Worlds 2nd oldest National Park through beautiful coastal rainforest spotting wildlife along the way. Learn the insightful history of the area and flora and fauna from your passionate guide, explore at the Figure 8 Pools and swim in natural rock pools of all shapes and sizes!
Our afternoon Figure 8 Pools Adventure & Hike allows those who are looking for a tour in Sydney with a later start in the day (and a bit of a sleep in!) or for those wanting a half day tour to visit the Figure 8 Pools instead of the full day tour.
About This Deal
Visit the Royal National Park or as the locals like to call it, the ‘Nasho’, on our eco-adventure tour from Sydney. Explore this spectacular area found just 37 Km (23 miles) and less than an hour drive south of Sydney.
Enjoy a later start on our afternoon half day tour from Sydney and hike to the Figure 8 Pools in the Royal National Park along the Coast Track. Take in the beautiful scenery and coastal views along the 6km (3.7 mi) return guided hike. With jaw dropping mountain views, rolling hills, aquamarine coloured water, wildlife and unique coastal shacks you will be overwhelmed with an abundant supply of epic photos!
Walk through Burning Palms Beach and see the heritage listed Coastal Shacks and hear the fascinating facts about the local area and how the ‘shacks’ came to be. We’ll rock hop around the headlands to reach the Figure 8 Pools where you spend time to explore this spectacular area where you can swim in naturally formed rock pools of all sizes and shapes including the famous Figure 8. We’ll help you grab that insta-famous #figure8pools photo too!
After exploring at the Figure 8 Pools, we hike back up the mountain to the top and make our way out of the Royal National Park back to Sydney. As a proud Eco-Certified Tour Operator, our adventure guides clean up rubbish on the hike back and we encourage our guests to help in our effort to keep our National Parks Clean. Our coastal hike includes slippery and uneven terrain, steep sections, an uphill hike, rock hopping and requires a medium-high level of fitness.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All guests need a Medium-High fitness level and if over 59 yrs a high fitness level, minimum age is 12 years.
- The hike to the Figure 8 Pools is only accessible during low tide and calm ocean conditions. If the pools are not safe to visit on the day the trip may be cancelled which a full refund will be given.
- This is not a basic walk/hike. Elevation is 700 feet or 215 metres, 3.8 miles or 6 Klms return. Everyone has a different fitness levels and opinions on their ability. If you are fit and very active you will find the hike is no problem. If you are not a generally fit person and do not exercise you will find this hike hard.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum 6 people required for tours to run
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- 3-hour return guided hike along the Coast Track
- Spend over 1-hour exploring the Figure 8 Pools and, grab your insta-famous #figure8pools photo!
- Spot native wildlife including birds, lizzards, Wallabies, marine life including whales during the migration season (May-Nov)
- Experienced, fun and friendly adventure guide
- Pick up/drop off from select location in Sydney
- National Park fees
- Food and drinks
812 George St, Haymarket NSW 2000, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Barefoot Downunder in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.