Soar over the beautiful Barossa Valley at sunrise during a hot air balloon ride that offers incredible views of the scenic landscape. Admire the colorful sunrise and morning light reflecting on the vineyards as you quietly glide through the air. Your expert pilot shares informative commentary about the region and hot air ballooning throughout your experience. Following your flight, enjoy a delicious breakfast that features fresh products from artisan producers in the Barossa Valley.
What You'll Get
After early morning arrival or pickup from your Barossa Valley hotel, meet your expert pilot at Barossa Balloon Adventures and head to the best launch site for your flight.
Upon arrival at the launch site, your pilot and crew start the balloon inflation process, which takes about 30-40 minutes. Marvel as the huge balloon puffs up and rises off the ground and keep your camera handy for great photo ops. You are also welcome to help out during the process for a more hands-on experience.
Before your flight, your pilot provides a safety briefing and answers any questions you may have. Then, step into the basket of the hot air balloon and, when ready, experience the incredible feeling of gently lifting off the ground into the sky.
Enjoy stunning bird's-eye views of Barossa Valley as the sun comes up. As you glide over the beautiful landscape, your pilot shares informative commentary about the landmarks below and the history of the region.
Though Barossa Valley is small in size, it is one of Australia’s most famous wine regions, producing more than 20 percent of the nation’s wine. Local farms also grow and produce a variety of goods that make the region a renowned foodie destination as well.
Your pilot expertly lands the balloon after approximately a 1-hour flight. We then return to Barossa Balloon Adventures to celebrate your morning’s adventures with a delicious breakfast and a glass of local sparkling wine.
• Linke’s Butchers traditionally smoked bacon
• Linke’s Butchers German bratwurst sausage
• Oven roasted tomatoes with Barossa Valley Cheese Co feta
• Sauteed mushrooms with garden fresh herbs
• Free range eggs
• Tanunda Bakery sourdough bread
• Fresh seasonal fruit
• Barossa Coffee Roasters coffeeIf you have not already told us of any dietary requirements ie;
Please tell us immediately so we can cater for you.
When you have finished your meal, receive a flight certificate that commemorates your Barossa Valley hot air balloon experience. You'll also have the option of purchasing souvenir photos.
The total duration of this unique experience is approximately 5-hours.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Pregnant women are unable to participate
- Passengers should be in good health and be reasonably active. You should be able to bend the knees and hold on with two hands to the rope handles inside the basket
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority regulations prevent disabled or handicapped people from participating
- Please dress in comfortable clothing for the overnight minimum temperature and wear flat soled walking shoes. In cooler months a change of shoes may be needed due to wet dewy grass. A hat is recommended
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- If required a hotel pickup and drop-off (Barossa Valley hotels only)
- Professional pilot
- Safety briefing
- A glass of sparkling wine
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Transport to or from Adelaide
Barossa Balloon Adventures or we can pick you up from local Barossa accommodation if required.
Your flight may be cancelled due to unsuitable weather conditions. The most common reason for cancelling a flight is wind speed. Anything more than light winds is too fast. Other conditions that will keep us grounded include very hot days, rain, total fire ban, low visibility (fog/extremely low cloud) and thunder storms.
Please call Barossa Balloon Adventures on 8562 3111 the night before your flight, between 5:30 – 5:45pm, to check that the weather conditions will be OK for flying the next morning, and to confirm the meeting time.
If you have any last minute questions about your hot air ballooning experience before you go, now is the time to ask. Fingers crossed for flyable weather.
If the weather forecast is good, please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to the start time. We look forward to seeing you next week. It's going to be great.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.