Experience the premium wines, history and beauty of the Barossa Valley from the luxury of a classic 1962 Daimler from a bygone era. Your indulgent 7-hour tour is with entertaining wine guide John Baldwin, who guarantees you’ll receive VIP treatment and premium wine tastings at all wineries. Your personally tailored tour may include established icons such as Penfolds, Seppeltsfield, Henschke, smaller family owned boutique gems or the little known newcomers only a local would know. Your tour is non-sharing and includes extensive commentary on the history, terroir, and culture of this picturesque region, plus a fine 2-course lunch with wine and afternoon tea at Maggie Beers. You can also include food producers, cheese-makers, boutique brewers, town walks..whatever makes for the best day. The Daimler is air conditioned, seats up to 8 guests and was used for tours by the Royal Family in the sixties. A selection of tours is available on our website, including the Ultimate and Icon Tours
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maggie Beer's Farm Shop, Pheasant Farm Road, Nuriootpa, South Australia 5355 Australia
Guests enjoy afternoon tea at this location. Produce tastings are also available
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 14 people per booking
- A very small amount of walking is involved
- If the temperature is forecast to be 37 Celsius (100F) on the day of the tour, the classic 1962 Daimler may need to be replaced by a modern Mercedes Viano for the comfort of all. Applicable refunds are applied.
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Premium tailored wine tastings to suit your palate
- Sumptuous 2-course restaurant lunch with a glass of Barossa wine
- Historic, air conditioned 1962 Daimler
- Experienced wine guide
- Entertaining commentary on wine making, history, culture, architecture and terroir
- Complimentary pickup from all Barossa accommodation locations
- Private touring - no sharing with strangers
- Food tasting if desired - cheeses and meats
- Afternoon tea at Maggie Beers Farm Shop
- Personal introductions
- Bottled water
- Adelaide pickup and drop off is offered at an added cost of $AU300- for the return trip, (not per person)
- Entry/Admission - Maggie Beer's Farm Shop
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Adelaide (AUD$300 payable direct)
- personal purchases
Traveler pickup is offered
We collect guests from all accommodation locations in The Barossa Valley complimentary. Adelaide CBD and Adelaide Airport pickups available at added cost
- Adelaide Airport, 1 James Schofield Dr, West Beach, Charles Sturt, South Australia 5950 Australia
Returns to original Barossa departure point at approximately 5pm.
Adelaide drop off is at 5.30pm.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Barossa Daimler Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.