This is a private tour with mix of walking & driving while exploring the beaches, the wildlife, the edible flowers, the fascinating history and the peaceful lifestyle. You will visit some of the local art studios, the island's gallery and get ‘hands-on’ creating copper art memento at a local home workshop.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Macleay Island, Macleay Island, Redland City, Brisbane Region, Queensland
Macleay Island 11.20 – 3.33 ( 11.15 - 3.43 Saturdays )
Activities 11.20 – 2.20 ( 11.15 - 2.45 Saturdays )
We will drive along the island following the heritage trail and visit local artists and craftspeople.
- Historical relics of saltworks, distillery and lime kiln
- Tim O’Shea Wetlands - a protected area with a permanent freshwater hole and a fascinating historical past
- Tingira Boat Club, the Art Gallery with pottery shed, and the Bowls Club
- Short scenic walk along the picturesque road from Dalpura beach to Pat’s Park at the tip of the island
- Drive along the eastern side of the island enjoying the spectacular views
- Corroboree Park ( significant to Nunukul people as ancestors used it for millennia )
- Drive to Perulpa Island – a small island attached to Macleay Island by a road causeway.
2.20 - 2.40 Lunch food platter ( 2.40 - 3.00 Saturdays )
Healthy and delicious lunch at a local home with vegetarian and nonvegetarian options.
2.45 - 3.15 Workshop & rest ( 3.00 - 3.30 Saturdays )
Copper art: all material and tools provided.
3.15 Departure to Macleay Island jetty for Redland Bay ( 3.30 Saturdays )
3.33 Ferry Departure for Redland Bay ( 3.43 Saturdays )
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Karragarra Island QLD 4184, Australia
Karragarra Island 8.50 – 10.45 ( 9. 00 - 11.15 Saturdays )
Meet, greet and introduce myself and the islands
Walk along scenic Esplanade to the island’s beautiful community gardens to see and learn great ideas on how to create an organic garden with edible flowers, a shed and a compost, a worm farm and more
- Morning tea will be provided after a short walk to Robyn’s pottery workshop and studio
- Circled return walk to the jetty to catch the ferry to Macleay Island
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Person with disability and/or disability card - please contact the operator to discuss prior a booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Coffee and/or Tea - morning & afternoon tea included (vegetarian and non-vegetarian options)
- This tour includes Cooper art workshop - visitors produce a nice memento to take home.
- Ferry cost from & returning to Redland Bay is not included in the tour package.
47 Banana St, Redland Bay QLD 4165, Australia
5/19/2020 - 2/1/2023
|Saturday:||08:00 AM - 03:30 PM|
7 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Bay Islands Art & Scenic Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.