Whereas most tours take you to either one or the other entrance of Lamington National Park, we will take you to both entrances of Lamington National Park (Binna Burra and O'Reilly's) all on the one tour. We allow you time to self-guide at your own pace on designated trails to experience the ancient rainforest in your own way. We will occasionally be met by a guide at Binna Burra for a private tour although for the most part you will have time to explore Lamington National Park at your own pace within the scheduled times allowed.
Although your driver/guide is experienced and highly informative, the aim of all our tours is to allow you to connect uninterruptedly with the spirit of this ancient land. Delicious morning and afternoon teas are included however lunch is either BYO picnic or can be purchased at the resorts. Allow budgeting. We provide water and some soft drinks.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lamington National Park, Lamington National Park, Scenic Rim, Brisbane Region, Queensland
Our guide will take you to both entrances of Lamington National Park Walk - Binna Burra where the Antarctic Beech Trees grow, and O'Reilly's where you can imagine being a bird flying high up in the canopy while on the Tree Top walk. History buffs will be enthralled by the real life story of the Stinson airplane crash and heroic rescue of survivors, then view remnants of the plane. You will have time to walk at your own pace along the designated trails to fully absorb the majesty of the ancient rainforest and hopefully spot the local bird and wildlife such as pademelons, crimson rosellas, king parrots, regent bowerbirds, satin bowerbirds, riflebirds and catbirds. Spectacular mountain views are guaranteed. All tours include morning/afternoon tea & lunch.
Duration: 10 hours
Stop At: Kamarun Lookout Rd Lot 496, Queensland 4285 Australia
On the way to Binna Burra we will enjoy a country-style morning tea at a scenic lookout with spectacular views over rolling hills and valleys to the Gold Coast and Pacific Ocean. We will also stop at a scenic lookout where you can see hang gliders prepare for flight over the rugged peaks of the McPherson Range all the way to Mt Warning, the surviving remnant of ancient volcanic activity in the area. The day will finish after visiting O'Reilly's with a delicious afternoon tea at Kamarun Lookout in the Green Mountain section of Lamington National Park. Kamarun Lookout provides stunning panoramic views over mountains and rural valleys to the East, to Brisbane City in the North, and over majestic mountain ranges to the West. Spectacular vermilion sunsets are not uncommon from Kamarun Lookout which also attracts stargazes and the odd UFO spotter on account of the altitude, open skies, and crystal-clear atmospheric conditions. Bring a fleece even in summer as chill winds are common.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- As there are inherent risks visiting wilderness areas of such natural beauty we advise you wear non-slip shoes, stay on designated trails and refrain from touching vegetation and wildlife which may sting, bite or be poisonous. Tour open to domestic and NZ visitors per current COVID restrictions.
- Coffee and/or Tea - Morning and afternoon tea includes brewed tea and coffee, cakes/slice, biscuits and/or cheese and crackers.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Soda/Pop - Water provided for refilling personal water bottles. Some carbonated drinks provided.
- Lunch - Lunch may be purchased at either Binna Burra or O'Reilly's. Allow approximately $20.00pp. BYO picnic lunch also welcome.
Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Outside the road/driveway entrance to all major Brisbane City CBD hotels. You will need to provide the hotel name and address.
9 to 11 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Big Leaf Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.