Everybody rides the Lilydale to Warburton Rail Trail... and it is beautiful... BUT there is a hidden gem! The O’Shannassy Aqueduct trail. It is equally easy to ride but passes through stunning wilderness with very few people! It is carved into the side of the mountain so has stunning views at multiple locations. Don’t worry though, it’s a loop ride so you still get to ride the Rail Trail as well! Glorious!
About This Deal
You will be transported to the ride launch point (avoiding a grueling 800m climb). Your self-guided ride will begin on the lesser known hero of Warburton Trails, “O’Shannassy Aqueduct Trail”. This amazing trail is cut into the mountain above Warburton.
Ride through towering forests that have been protected for over a century, abuzz with abundant flora and fauna - towering trees, stunning ferns and babbling water courses. Upon reaching the Dee Rd Picnic Ground you can enjoy the stunning valley views.
As you continue riding along the trail you can enjoy more of the stunning landscape. At Don Valley Road you will ride down off the mountain and join the Warburton Rail Trail which you will ride back to Warburton. The Rail Trail provides a completely different riding experience meandering through lush farmland as you head back towards Warburton, concluding at the Warburton Basecamp.
• O'Shannassy Trail, Yuonga Road, Warburton, Victoria Australia
• Lilydale to Warburton Rail Trail, Lilydale Railway Station car park (north end) Gardiner Street, Lilydale, Victoria Australia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Low to moderate fitness and riding skills required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Private transportation
- Use of bicycle
- Bike helmet
- Bike lock
- Tour map and instructions
- Snacks - BYO food and bottled water
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Bike and Hike Warburton Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.