Our Sandy Straits Scenic & Wildlife cruise is a unique, 5hr cruise into the heart of the internationally protected Great Sandy Marine Park - the only tour to explore the southern expanses of the park.
We'll visit cultural and historic destinations such as; Woody Island, North White Cliffs, Ungowa and Garry's Anchorage (located approximately halfway to Tin Can Bay). All whilst keeping our eyes peeled for the abundance of wildlife that frequents the area and maybe the elusive Fraser Island Dingo or dugong!
Experience the beauty of the area as we cruise past swathes of mangrove, sand cliffs and sand flats abound with sea and birdlife.
Learn the history of early settlers and logging of the region and the Ramsar wetland of international importance under marine park protection. Seabirds and shorebirds are a vibrant feature of this World Heritage area. They occupy a range of habitats, including the mouths of creeks and estuaries, rocky ocean foreshores, sand spits, and sandy beaches.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Fraser Island, Fraser Island, Fraser Coast, Queensland
We'll cruise through the pristine waters along the west coast for Fraser Island, passing Mangroves, Sand Cliffs and sand flats where the wilderness is abound with sea and bird life. Keep your eyes peeled for the famous Fraser Island dingos.
Pass By: Great Sandy National Park, Great Sandy National Park, Fraser Coast, Queensland
We'll make our way through the picturesque Sandy Straits Marine park visiting destinations such as Woody Island, North White Cliffs, Ungowa and Garry's Anchorage.
Pass By: Hervey Bay, Hervey Bay, Fraser Coast, Queensland
Departing from the Boat Club relax and wildlife spot as we cruise through the Great Sandy Straits to the famous Gary’s Anchorage, located approximately half -way to Tin Can Bay.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All Fees and Taxes
- Light lunch
Hervey Bay Boat Club, Buccaneer Dr, Urangan QLD 4655, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Boat Club Adventure Cruises in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.