See how Melbourne has evolved from its indigenous roots to a modern-day metropolis. We’ll take you on a journey to learn about the important events that shaped Melbourne into becoming one of the most liveable cities in the world.
What You'll Get
On this 2-hour private walking tour, we’ll be traversing the city on a journey through time where you’ll learn how Melbourne has come to be one of the most exciting (and liveable) cities in the world.
We start out at the Immigration Museum, a reminder from days gone by, where newcomers would be processed and customs collected. This, of course, referring to the influx of European and Chinese immigrants that flooded into the area during the mid-1800s.
Only meters away, down by the Yarra River, was once a vibrant ecosystem and you’ll soon find out the massive impact that this settlement had on the local indigenous people who had been living untouched by the outside world for millennia.
After a brief introduction to the aboriginal culture, we’ll make our way through the nearby alleys, past bluestone buildings and a grand old hotel before boarding the tram and heading east along Collins Street.
From here we’ll make our way past some of the finest examples of 19th-century extravagance, including the Old Treasury, Parliament and the majestic Windsor Hotel. Then it’s onward past the home of Melbourne espresso and through into Chinatown.
Hear stories of some of the more nefarious activities from the ‘Little Lon’ district as we wind our way through the narrow alleys toward the expansive Carlton Gardens. Here, you’ll see another great example of wealth from the Marvelous Melbourne era.
Making our way back towards the hustle and bustle, we stop by the Melbourne Gaol, known for housing one of Australia’s most infamous bandits – Ned Kelly. Hear his story and see where his young life came to an end before heading to see his iron armor.
All going well with timing, we’ll finish up with a special little treat that will surely leave a smile on your face and a song in your heart.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Bottled water will be provided for every guest
- Tram ride
- Your own private guide-ographer will escort you throughout the tour providing an unforgettably enjoyable experience. We’ll take the path least-traveled without missing the major sites, all while capturing your experience in a unique and fun way
- 10 professionally edited photos in a downloadable high-resolution online gallery will be sent within 5 days after your tour
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Boutique Traveler in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.