Eat your way through the day starting with This boutique food and wine experience from Port Douglas you will be tasting some of the best food and wine that the Atherton Tablelands has to offer. First stop is Rainforestation for a delicious breakfast of tropical fruits, damper and unique jams then to De Bruey's Tropical fruit winery to sample up to 15 different wines and liqueurs.stop in for seasonal fruit tasting and Macadamia nuts.Lunch at the Platypus Park to watch them play and try Kangaroo, Crocodile and other delicacies Visit a working dairy farm and sample their chocolates and a cheese platter, Then a tipple or 2 at Mt Uncle distillery, and last stop of the day at a private location to relax by a creek and sip wines and beers. You will be taken through a variety of contrasting landscapes, relax as we taste our way around the regions 'Food Bowl.' 7 Unique gourmet Stops!The maximum participants for this tour is 18.
About This Deal
Stop At: Port Douglas QLD 4877, Australia
Take in the amazing diverse scenery as we take little used roads and tracks to explore the Atherton Tablelands, meeting local producers and tasting a variety of unique flavours of the tropics.
Pass By: Atherton Tablelands, Cairns, Queensland Australia
enjoy the diverse spectacular scenery
Stop At: Rainforestation Nature Park, Kennedy Highway, Kuranda, Queensland 4872 Australia
Here we start our day with a delicious tropical breakfast, seasonal fruits, jams, damper, coffee and tea.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: De Brueys Boutique Wines, 189 Fichera Rd, Mareeba QLD 4880, Australia
At the cellar door we enjoy sipping the unusual tropical fruit wines, liqueurs and cream liquors
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Humpy Nut World, Kennedy Highway, Atherton, Queensland Australia
Stop at ‘The Humpy’, the best place to go to for freshly harvested Atherton Tablelands produce straight from the growers. From vegetables to tropical fruits and hundreds of different varieties of nuts, dried fruits locally produced jams and sauces. Taste some seasonal fruits and many different flavours of hot local peanuts and macadamia nuts.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: The Australian Platypus Park at Tarzali Lakes, 912 Millaa Millaa-Malanda Rd Minbun, Malanda, Queensland 4885 Australia
Here we have a delicious lunch of Crocodile chorizo sausage rolls, Kangaroo skewers, smoked chicken and smoked Spanish Mackerel and salad. We sample Dragon fruit cider and Platypus local beer and wander down to see the Platypus playing in the lake.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gallo DairyLand, Malanda Road., Atherton, Cairns, Queensland 4870 Australia
Head through the picturesque village of Yungaburra to a fully operational dairy farm spread across 1000 acres of rich red volcanic soil with handcrafted chocolates and a gourmet cheese factory. Here we sample a full cheese platter andTaste irresistible Swiss style filled chocolates that are a work of art.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Mt. Uncle Distillery, 1819 Chewko Road, Walkamin, Cairns, Queensland Australia
Here we stop for a tasting of some award winning spirits and enjoy the beautiful gardens and friendly animals.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Julatten, Julatten, Queensland
Here we enter a Private property of 165 acres and we head down to the Platypus Hut where we relax on day beds or up at the bar and watch for Platypus in the creek. We sip on Queensland white and red wine and Great Northern beer and get to know each other a little better.
Duration: 1 hour
• Tropical Breakfast - Exotic Tropical Fruits, damper and Indigenous jams and spreads
• Authentic Australian coffee - Order a coffee as you like it grown, roasted and made onsite at Jaques Family coffee plantation, followed my some coffee liqueur tastings.
• Lunch of homemade local produce
• Cheese and chocolates - Enjoy a cheese platter at a local dairy farm followed by samples of their gourmet chocolates
• Seasonal tropical fruits and nuts - Taste tropical fruits and sample local grown Macadamia nuts and flavoured peanuts.
• Spirit tasting - Taste award winning spirits
• Mango wines - Taste a variety of Mango wines and cellos followed by mango sorbet
• Beer and wine - Relax in our secret spot with a cold beer or red/white wine
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Due to Covid 19 , season changes and weather conditions some stops may be subject to change at the last minute without notice. Operator reserves the right to refuse travel to anyone showing any flu like symptoms that could be Covid 19.
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Food and wine tasting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic Beverages - Small tastings of wines, liqueurs, beer and spirits
- Entry/Admission - Rainforestation Nature Park
- Entry/Admission - The Australian Platypus Park at Tarzali Lakes
- Additional Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up at all hotels in and around Port Douglas
9 hours 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Brett's Kuranda Half Day Tour in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.