Explore Brisbane by bicycle on a leisurely tour with a local guide who shows you the highlights of this dynamic city, including the South Bank Parklands, Central Business District and City Botanic Gardens. Pedal along bike paths near the Brisbane River and learn about the city’s history and landmarks, plus get the inside scoop on great restaurants, bars, shops and nightlife from the perspective of a local. On the longer morning tour, you also visit New Farm and Teneriffe; in the summer (remember, that is December–February here), you can opt for a twilight tour.
About This Deal
Make your way to South Bank Parklands to meet your guide. Begin the tour with a safety briefing, and get outfitted with a sturdy city bike and helmet.
Set off past the Wheel of Brisbane and Streets Beach, a popular swimming beach that overlooks the central business district and Brisbane River. Your guide points out fine dining and entertainment hot spots along the way.
Head to Kangaroo Point Cliffs, which were quarried for stone in the 1800s. You'll hear how the stone was used to build structures such as The Old Windmill and the Commissariat Store.
Your guide shares Brisbane's history going back to the original Aboriginal inhabitants of the region, and points out key landmarks as you wheel around central Brisbane, stopping regularly for great photo ops and water breaks.
Choose from a 3.5-hour morning or 2-hour afternoon tour year-round, and a 2-hour twilight tour option in the summer months (remember, that is December–February here - see details in Itinerary below).
Total distance traveled varies depending on the riding abilities and interests of the participants, and your guide can adjust the itinerary to suit the group. All tours end with return to your starting point in South Bank Parklands.
Read on to learn more about the individual tours.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking (FOC)
- Comfortable clothes and enclosed shoes are highly recommended
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are less than 2 participants. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Use of bicycle and helmet
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Private transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
3 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Brisbane By Bicycle in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.