This mini kayak experience is the best choice for those trying kayaking for the first time or if you are a bit nervous out on the water and provides an opportunity to get yourself started in the popular sport of kayaking. You’ll learn some basic paddling technique and then follow this up with a short kayaking adventure (about 1.5 hours paddling at a leisurely pace) with a guide to assist you along the way. Runs daily!
Highlights include exploring this stunning Sydney destination of uncrowded stretches of sandy beaches, pristine bays and Royal National Park from the best vantage point around - a kayak!
What You'll Get
• Meet 15 minutes prior to start of your tour to complete paperwork, be fitted into safety vest and kayak and organise your gear.
• Technique and safety briefing from your expert guide
• Get started on your paddling adventure!
• Kayak along the beautiful Deeban Sand-Spit, across to the tucked away Little Darook Park or around to Bundeena ferry wharf.
• Destinations varies depending on weather conditions, but all trips are sure to impress!
• Hire of kayak/paddle
• FREE – Digital Photos (uploaded to our Facebook page)
• PFD Safety Vest – Australian Standard
• Dry Storage Bag
About the Kayaks: A choice of double or single sit on top style kayak will be available. All kayaks have good back support either as a moulded seat or as a padded fabric contraption. The kayaks are stable and comfortable and well suited to beginners. Kayaks have plenty of storage space either in enclosed hatches or open deck space. Dry storage bags for a small amount of gear (towel, jacket, phone etc) are provided on tours. If you plan to bring extra gear we recommend packing a large plastic garbage type bag.
What to wear: You will get wet when paddling from splashes and your feet will get wet when getting in and out of the kayak. Comfortable lightweight clothes (no jeans) are best, a hat and plastic shoes/thongs or shoes that you don’t mind getting wet. Bring your swimming costume if you would like to enjoy a swim. Pack a lighweight wet weather jacket in case of rain and a fleece if it is expected to be cool.
Options: Goodies available for purchase at time of booking:5L Dry Storage Bag (to keep phones, cameras etc dry) – $15
20 L Dry Storage Bag – $30
What to Bring: Water (1Litre), Hat, Sunglasses, Towel, Change of clothes – you will get wet from splashes, Sunscreen Optional gear to pack: swimming costume, camera, large plastic bag (to keep your gear totally dry when on the water)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- All participants must be able to swim/tread water
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hire of kayak, paddle and safety vest
- Basic kayaking technique instruction
- Experienced guide accompaniment for duration of activity
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- No food and drinks included but can be purchased at nearby supermarket (3 mins drive away)
Bonnie Vale Picnic Grounds in Bundeena
Sea Breeze Lane, Bundeena
Paid parking available in the picnic area or you can park near turn off to Sea Breeze Lane (on Bundeena Drive) for free. Walk from here is just 5 minutes
Runs daily at 10.30am and 12.30pm
1 hour 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Bundeena Kayaks in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.