Enjoy a small-group tour with a maximum of ten guests giving you a more personalized experience. Discover the beautiful sites on Fraser Island, including Lake McKenzie, Eli Creek and the Maheno shipwreck before relaxing in your hotel room and taking advantage of everything Kingfisher Bay Resort has to offer.
What You'll Get
Explore Fraser Island with an eco guide on this 3-day tour all while staying at the award-winning Kingfisher Bay Eco Resort. Nestled on Fraser's west coast, the resort blends with the environment and provides a comfortable base to explore the Fraser Island wilderness.
Day 1: Inskip Point, 75-Mile Surf Beach, Wanggoolba Creek and Lake McKenzie (no meals included)
Your guide will meet you at your chosen destination. The guide that picks you up will stay with you for the entire journey. Depart Brisbane traveling north via Noosa, Noosa River ferry to Cooloola National Park and Rainbow Beach Coloured Sands. Early lunch stop at Rainbow Beach (own cost).
Travel to Inskip Point and view Fraser Island in the distance. Your guide will arrange all ferry permits and national park fees before you arrive. Board the ferry and cruise to Fraser Island's southern tip, whilst keeping a look out for dolphins and turtles. With your guide and small group travel along Hook Point onto the 75 Mile Surf Beach. Arrive at the 4WD track into the Central Station rainforest where you'll walk the World Heritage rain forest boardwalk, take the Pile Valley rainforest walk beside Wanggoolba Creek and onwards into old Satinay Forest.
Then, swim in the clear waters of Lake McKenzie and soak up the sun on the white sandy beaches. This tour allows for the full afternoon to be spent at the lake, time take to enjoy, walk, hike and relax.
Arrive at Kingfisher Bay's Eco-Resort. Settle in and watch the sunset over Hervey Bay before dinner at one of the resorts' restaurants, bakery or Sand Bar (own costs). After dinner try the heated pools and spa.
Day 2: Eli Creek, Champagne Pools (B,L)
Travel across the island to the beach highway. 4WD along 75 Mile Beach and arrive at the famous Eli Creek where you'll enjoy the boardwalk, swim and relax. See the colored sand formations of the Pinnacles taking time for a photo and walk along the beach to see the famous Maheno Shipwreck.
After a picnic lunch, travel further north along the surf beach to Indian Head. Spot turtles, sharks, dolphins and humpback whales (June -Nov) then relax with a swim in the Champagne Pools.
Return via the beach to Kingfisher Bay Resort and Village. Relax by the swimming pools, spa and outdoor bars or watch the sunset from the Kingfisher Jetty. Explore and discover the splendor of the garden decks, boardwalks, coffee and specialty shops in this multi award winning Eco-Resort.
Day 3: Lake Wabby (B)
Travel with your guide to famous Lake Wabby. This green lake, the deepest on the island, is slowly filling with sand. Enjoy a swim and explore this impressive emerald-green barage lake, being slowly engulfed by Hammerstone sand blow.
Next, 4WD to Eurong Beach Resort and onto Govi Creek for photos before departing the island via Rainbow Beach.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum of 2 pax per booking. Twin share accommodation
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- 2 nights accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Professional guide
- All activities
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Pickup from designated meeting points
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Not included in the tour price is a AU$30 fee per person per day to cover National Park/daily permits and ferry fees. The tour operator pays part of this money to the State Government to help protect these fragile environments for future generations.
- Drop-off to designated meeting points
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Bushwacker Ecotours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.