Snorkel Byron Bay’s Julian Rocks Marine Reserve. Julian Rocks is one of the few snorkel sites where you can swim with tropical species found on the Great Barrier Reef as well as animals from Australia’s deep Southern Ocean. Here the reserve is home to three different species of sea turtle, an assortment of rays including mantas, hard and soft corals, friendly wobbegong sharks and over four hundred different species of fish. All of this is only a five-minute boat ride from Byron Bay. A snorkel trip to Julian Rocks Marine Reserve takes three hours from start to finish, with an hour in the water snorkeling and includes the boat ride, equipment hire (mask, snorkel, fins and wet suit) and a free snorkel lesson (if required). Whilst snorkeling you are supervised by qualified dive staff who will ensure you get the most from your trip to Julian Rocks Marine Reserve. You will be amazed by the diversity and color found in the clear shallow waters.
What You'll Get
Please arrive at the Byron Bay Dive Centre at selected departure time.
A free snorkel lessons is offered in the on-site heated pool to those of you without a lot of experience or wanting to get acquainted with the equipment before heading out to Julian Rocks. These lessons start 30-minutes prior to the meeting time, let your local operator know if you would like to book in for this. Please note that all snorkel tour participants must be able to swim and be comfortable in the water.
Before reaching Julian Rocks, one of Australia’s most spectacular dive and snorkel sites you will watch a safety briefing video, be provided with snorkel, mask, fins and wet suit by one of our friendly crew and instructed where to leave your bags, valuable items and personal belongings.
Journey out to The Pass, where the boats are launched to take you on a very short (5-10 minute) boat ride out to the snorkeling destination. Keep an eye out for dolphins and whales (June to November) on the boat ride!
Once you reach Julian Rocks, your skipper will give you a briefing showing you the best spot to snorkel! You can then enjoy up to 1-hour in the water snorkeling with three different species of sea turtle, an assortment of rays including mantas, hard and soft corals, friendly wobbegong sharks and over four hundred different species of fish.
Whilst snorkeling you are supervised by qualified dive staff who will ensure you get the most from your trip to Julian Rocks Marine Reserve.
On your return to the dive shop you can have a hot shower before the dive crew help you identify some of the creatures you saw.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not recommended for participants with serious medical conditions.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems.
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to snorkeling. Some pre-existing medical conditions may prevent you from snorkeling, please consult your doctor.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Use of snorkel equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, wet suit)
- Lockers and wet and dry storage area
- Free snorkel lesson before the tour in our onsite swimming pool
- Boat transfers
- Bottled water on board the vessel
- Parking fee for public parking in Byron Bay
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
You will be returned to the Byron Bay Dive Centre
A paper voucher is required for this attraction/activity. You must print and bring your printed voucher with you on the day of the activity, as required by our local provider.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Byron Bay Dive Centre in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
A paper voucher is required to redeem this service. Please bring your printed voucher with you to this activity.This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.