Dive Byron Bay’s Julian Rocks Marine Reserve. Julian Rocks is one of the few dive sites where you can swim with tropical species found on the Great Barrier Reef as well animals from Australia’s deep Southern Ocean. The course includes equipment hire, one swimming pool lesson and one dive at the Julian Rocks Marine Reserve with a qualified scuba instructor. All confined water training is conducted at the dive shop, an instructor training facility, located in the heart of Byron Bay. Here there is a fully equipped classroom and a training pool heated to 25 degrees Celsius. All open water-training dives are boat dives conducted at Julian Rocks Marine Reserve. Here you will swim with tropical species such as turtles and manta rays, as well as many interesting southern ocean animals including friendly blue gropers and wobbegongs. All this only a five-ten minute boat ride from Byron Bay.
What You'll Get
Please arrive at the Byron Bay Dive Centre at your selected departure time (either 6:30am, 9:30am or 12:30pm) and ensure you bring a swimsuit and a towel.
Before reaching Julian Rocks, one of Australia’s most spectacular dive sites you will complete a medical questionnaire, ensuring you are fit to dive, watch a video about your first scuba diving experience and complete one pool session with one of the friendly instructors. The pool session will teach you all the skills you need to be ready and comfortable to go to the ocean. Your instructor will instruct you where to leave your bags, valuable items and personal belongings and set up all your equipment for you.
We will provide transport to The Pass, where the boats are launched to take you on a very short (5-10 minute) boat ride out to our scuba diving destination. Keep a eye out for dolphins and whales (June to November) on the boat ride!
Once you reach Julian Rocks, the skipper will brief your instructor on the area you will be diving! Your instructor will assist you into your equipment and perform a buddy check on you before you enter the water. You can then enjoy up to 50 minutes in the water scuba diving with three different species of sea turtle, an assortment of rays including mantas, hard and soft corals, friendly wobbegong sharks and over four hundred different species of fish.
For all introductory dive tours you will be supervised by a qualified scuba diving instructor who will ensure you get the most from your trip to Julian Rocks Marine Reserve.
When you return to the dive shop there are hot showers and your instructor will present you with a certificate of completion and give you information on how to take the next step in diving and complete your open water course!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with serious medical conditions.
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to scuba diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions may prevent you from scuba diving, please consult your doctor
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please note that we require a minimum of 2 people to be booked at each time for the Introductory Dive to run. We can run an Introductory dive for 1 person at an extra charge of AU$65.00
- Flying after diving: If only one dive is undertaken then a minimum of 12 hours is recommended before flying. If more than one dive is conducted in the day, or multiple days of diving are undertaken then an interval of 24 hours is recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A dive medical is not compulsory if you have no medical issues; however if you are aged 45 and over or have any of the following conditions: Asthma, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Heart problems, Lung problems, Ear problems, High or Low blood pressure, Current cold/cough/flu/chest infection then you will need to provide a recreational dive medical on arrival.
- All participants must be able to swim and be comfortable in the water.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Use of scuba diving equipment (fins, mask, snorkel, wetsuit, BCD, regulators, cylinder, weight belt)
- Qualified scuba instructor
- Valuable lockers
- Wet and dry storage area
- Boat ride
- Bottled water on board the vessel
- Parking fee for public parking in Byron Bay
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
A paper voucher is required for this attraction/activity. You must print and bring your printed voucher with you on the day of the activity, as required by our local provider.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Byron Bay Dive Centre in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
A paper voucher is required to redeem this service. Please bring your printed voucher with you to this activity.This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.