Enjoy three aquatic activities combined into one eco-tour in Brunswick Heads. Glide past verdant scenery on a rainforest cruise; look for wildlife on a guided kayak tour, and try stand-up paddleboarding on the Brunswick River in Cape Byron Marine Park. This is a chance to explore areas unable to be visited by vehicle. Snacks and informative commentary are provided on this 3-hour tour.
What You'll Get
Your eco-tour starts at the Brunswick Heads Boat Harbour. Hop aboard your riverboat, which tows the kayaks and stand-up paddleboards as it cruises from the headwaters of the Brunswick River upstream to the starting point of your kayak tour.
Disembark and receive some paddling instructions from your guide before setting off across the water on your sit-on-top double kayak, which allows you to paddle into areas inaccessible by other modes of transport. For about an hour, float under the mangroves and soak up the tranquil atmosphere as you watch for wildlife like elusive kingfishers that live on the riverbanks. Pelican, eagles, and water dragons (lizards) are also often seen on this tour.
After kayaking, you have the chance to try stand-up paddleboarding on the river, or you may continue on the kayak, if you wish. Enjoy fresh fruit, snacks, and cold drinks before cruising back to the dock.
This tour is rated easy and is suitable for adults of all ages and children 4 years and older.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies for 12 to 64 years
- Senior and child rates available for those over 65 and children 3 to 11 years
- 0 to 2 years no charge
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Light lunch of fresh fruit, a roll or wrap, and drinks
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Use of kayaking equipment
- Use of stand-up paddleboard
- Use of binoculars and bird identification books
- Transportation to/from cruise (available at an additional charge)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (available at an additional charge)
Byron Bay Eco Cruises and Kayaks, Boat Harbour, 1 Old Pacific Highway, Brunswick Heads NSW 2483, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the BYRON BAY ECO CRUISES & KAYAKS PTY LTD in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.