Discover Callington Mill, nestled in Tasmania's picturesque Heartlands. Our heritage mill was built in 1837 for two reasons: to legally grind flour AND to illegally make whisky. After nearly two hundred years we are proud to return the mill to its original purpose, now perfectly legal.
Welcome to Callington Mill Distillery, known as the "Rolls Royce" of all distilleries. On a scale not previously seen in Tasmania, Callington Mill Distillery incorporates state of the art distilling technology.
Our experienced guide will take you behind the scenes, where you will become immersed in the production of our award winning Single Malt whiskys, from barley to barrel. Taste and nose the raw materials, and discover all the processes undertaken to create our whisky.
Included is a tasting of four of our Single Malt Whiskys (15ml) of your choice in our Founders Barrel Room.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Callington Mill Distillery, 6 Mill Lane, Oatlands, Tasmania 7120 Australia
Our experienced guide will take you behind the scenes on a whisky making adventure - from Barley to Barrel.
Understand the importance of and the techniques used by our crafts people in the milling - mashing - fermenting - distillation - and barrelling process.
Taste and nose the raw material used - barley - wort - wash - spirit - cask.
Learn about Tasmania's first automated and integrated turnkey distillery.
Include in our guided tour is a tasting experience in our infamous Founders Barrel Room where you get to taste our multi award winning Single Malt Whiskies.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Alcoholic Beverages - Included in our guided tour is a tasting experience with four 15ml tastes of our multi award winning Single Malt Whiskies.
- Entry/Admission - Callington Mill Distillery
Callington Mill Historic Site, 6 Mill Ln, Oatlands TAS 7120, Australia
1 to 2 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Callington Mill Distillery in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.