Relax on this 6-hour, small-group kayaking tour of the Coorong National Park and Murray Mouth region. A walk across the sand dunes to the Southern Ocean will allow you to stretch your legs while the guide takes you on a bush tucker walk. This tour includes delicious food, three hours of kayaking, and numerous stops along the way.
About This Deal
During this 6-hour tour, explore the Coorong and see one of South Australia’s best-kept secrets. Just 52 miles (85 km) south of Adelaide is the internationally recognized Coorong Wetlands. Stretching more than 86 miles (140km), the Coorong National Park protects a string of spectacular saltwater lagoons that are sheltered from the Southern Ocean by the sweeping, rolling sand dunes of the Young Husband Peninsula. The best way to explore these waterways is by kayak. See your itinerary for this tour below:
• 9am - Arrive at the end of Mundoo channel drive (Hindmarsh Island)
• 9:30am - Everyone on the water
• 10:15am - Arrive Barkers Knoll for morning tea
• 11:45am - Arrive at Young Husband Peninsula
• 12pm - Complete dune walk at the beach side
• 1pm - Finish lunch
• 1:30pm - Depart Young Husband Peninsula
• 2:10pm - Arrive at Murray Mouth
• 2:30pm - Depart Murray Mouth
• 3pm - Arrive at Murray Mouth Lookout
Kayaking is the most enjoyable and sustainable way to see the Coorong, allowing an intimate experience with the wildlife of the Coorong without impacting the natural ecology.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date or full refund
- Kayaks are only suited to persons who weigh under 264 pounds (120kg)
- Participants need to know how to swim, or be comfortable floating while wearing a PFD
- Minimum age is 5 years
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- National Park fees
- Afternoon tea
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Coorong National Park
- Entry/Admission - Murray Mouth Lookout
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
End of Mundoo Channel Drive on Hindmarsh Island
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Canoe the Coorong in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.