A guided tour of an award winning whisky distillery. This experience includes guided tasting of four single malt whiskies, the unique experience of comparing exactly what goes into the barrel and what comes out side by side. samling some local cheese including a rind whisky wash cheese!
You will be invited to the still platfrom to get up close to the still, peer inside and savour the smells!
Run by the distiller and onwers themselves enables you to have access to a font of knowledge whiskt enjoying a fun history and story of not only Chiefs Son but of whisky itself.
You also get to use a thief to steal(!) some cask strength whisky from a barrel and as long as you dont spill any - you can fill a 100ml bottle to take away.
About This Deal
Are you a fan of whisky but also a cheese lover too? Why not combine your two loves & enjoy Chief's Son Distillery's whisky & cheese tasting experience on the Mornington Peninsula, just 40mins from Melbourne.
In this experience, you will be guided through the wonderful world of whisky by one of the Distillers (& owners) of Chief's Son Distillery. You will discover the rich history of this liquor & the process of distillation from malt to maturation. You'll get the chance to learn about Chief's Son Distillery's story & their unique flavour as you taste a range of their single malt whiskies.
You'll get to pair your whisky with a range of delicious local cheeses, taste new make spirit & pure cask strength - a truly unique experience.
Come & indulge your senses with this delicious experience, but you'll also be able to learn from an industry expert too!
What you'll get
- A guided tour of the distillery
- Tasting of 4 single malt whiskies plus new make spirit & whisky straight from the barrel
- Curated local cheese board
- 100ml bottle of whisky.
What to bring
- Just bring yourself & your love of whisky and cheese.
- Proof your vaccination as per government regulations.
• Single Malt Whisky - Core range of whiskies will be included in the guided tasting, The Tanist, 900 Standard 45%, 900 Pure Mlat 45% & 900 Sweet Peat 45%.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience is not suited for under 18 years of age
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Face masks in accordance with current regulations
- Alcoholic Beverages - Whisky sampling includes 4 whiskies, plus new make plus cask strength
Chief's Son Distillery, 25/50 Guelph St, Somerville VIC 3912, Australia
1 hour 40 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Chiefs Son Distillery in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.