Meet your guide in the heart of Melbourne to begin your small group tour of the sports capital of the world!
To begin you'll uncover Melbourne's sporting history and hear the stories of the influential figures responsible for building this sports obsessed city and revisit our first competitive sporting event.
Along the way you'll see famous stadiums including the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Rod Laver Arena and more and learn what makes them some of the worlds greatest sporting venues.
You'll then get the unique opportunity to stand on the site of the 1956 Olympic Games where you'll hear about Australia's most inspirational sporting story and its darkest sporting day.
You'll then move onto the Australian Open where you'll see the statues of Australia's greatest tennis players and visit Show Court 3 – a court used by the likes of Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and more!
The tour finishes up outside the MCG where you'll learn all about Australia's largest and most famous stadium!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Brunton Ave Yarra Park, Jolimont, Melbourne, Victoria 8002 Australia
See the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Rod Laver Arena, Batman Ave, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
See Rod Laver Arena - home of the Australian Open
Stop At: Melbourne & Olympic Parks, Olympic Boulevard, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Visit the site of the 1956 Olympic Games
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- If booking between November and January, please note that all tennis aspects of the tour will be subject to availability due to the Australian Open. The tour will attempt to cover as much as possible during this period however access to certain areas may be restricted
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Expert local & professional guide with a background in Melbourne's sporting industry
- Interactive tour with photos to bring the stories to life!
- Food and drinks
- Stadium/Arena tour entrance fees.
- Entry/Admission - Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)
90 to 120 minutes
Melbourne Cricket Ground, Brunton Ave, Richmond VIC 3002, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the City Sports Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.