Take a small group tour of the sports capital of the world!
To begin you'll uncover Melbourne's sporting history and hear the stories of the influential figures responsible for building this sports obsessed city and revisit our first competitive sporting event
Along the way you'll see famous stadiums including the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Rod Laver Arena and more and learn what makes them some of the worlds greatest sporting venues.
You'll then get the unique opportunity to stand on the site of the 1956 Olympic Games where you'll hear about Australia's most inspirational sporting story and its darkest sporting day.
You'll then move onto the Australian Open where you'll see the statues of Australia's greatest tennis players and visit Show Court 3 – used by the likes of Federer, Nadal, Djokovic & more!
The tour finishes up outside the MCG where you'll go behind-the-scenes of the stadium and visit the players changing rooms, go pitchside, visit the coaches box and more!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Brunton Ave Yarra Park, Jolimont, Melbourne, Victoria 8002 Australia
Go behind-the-scenes at Australia's largest and most famous stadium - the MCG!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Rod Laver Arena, Batman Ave, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
See Rod Laver Arena - home of the Australian Open!
Stop At: Melbourne & Olympic Parks, Olympic Boulevard, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Stand on the site of the 1956 Olympic Games!
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- If booking between November and early-February, please note that all tennis aspects of the tour will be subject to availability due to the Australian Open. The tour will attempt to cover as much as possible during this period however access to certain areas may be restricted
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- All activities
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Tour escort/host
- MCG Stadium tour ticket
- Entry/Admission - Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)
- Food and drinks
2 to 3 hours
Melbourne Cricket Ground, Brunton Ave, Richmond VIC 3002, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the City Sports Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.