World class attractions, amazing architecture and futuristic planning all play their part in making Canberra one of the world's most modern and progressive cities.
Explore everything that Canberra has to offer with a guided tour on day one, dorm share accommodation at Canberra City YHA, followed by a day to explore on your own before returning to Sydney with Greyhound.
What You'll Get
• National Parliament House - You'll feel the might and privilege of our Australian democracy as our guide takes you through this architectural masterpiece costing $1.1 billion. From the inner halls of power to walking on the roof, this is an amazing building!
• Australian War Memorial - A time of reflection as you discover the legends of Gallipoli, the ANZACs, the sacrifices and losses suffered by Australians in past wars fought around the world.
• National Museum of Australia -Controversial and popular, Australia's most modern museum has won national awards with its interactive mix of exhibits and displays highlighting Australia's diverse history and culture.
• National Embassies - We'll take you to Yarralumla, for a close look at many national embassies, each one unique and designed to reflect aspects of the country's culture.
• Mount Ainslie - Take in the impressive 360-degree views over the capital city and surrounding mountain ranges of Canberra.
• Wild Kangaroos - We often see wild kangaroos, so we'll be sure to stop for photos!
• Floriade - from mid-September to mid-October this tour visits the annual flower festival called Floriade instead of the National Museum or National Gallery
• Canberra City YHA - We drop you off at the YHA about 5.15pm. Settle in and enjoy the world class facilities, swimming pool, sauna, restaurant or bar. The hostel is situated near the city centre if you want to go exploring.
• Free Day - A continental breakfast is included before you head out to see the rest of what Canberra has to offer. Why not hire a bike from reception and check out the Lake Burley Griffin or visit the markets. There’s no shortage of museums or free stuff to do.
• Make your own way to the Jollimont Centre ( 10 min walk from the YHA ) where you will be booked on the Greyhound bus back to Sydney. Service GX907 departs at 2.30pm,this service makes a stop at the Sydney International Airport at 5.30pm before arriving at Central Station, Sydney at 6pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be over 8 years to travel to Colourful Trips
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Overnight accommodation
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Transportation to/from attractions on day 2
St Laurence Church @ 7.25am
Sydney Harbour Marriott @ 7.45am
Departs: Saturday Sydney Central – St Laurence Church, 812 George St @ 7.25am Circular Quay – Sydney Harbour Marriott, 30 Pitt St @ 7.45am
Day 2 -
Departs: SundayJollimont Centre, Greyhound GX907 @ 2.30pm
Returns: Eddy Ave, Central Station Sydney @ 6pm
Sydney Central area @ approx 8.30pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.