Take a small-group day trip with your knowledgeable and friendly local tour guide Howard, who is ready to show you around the magnificent Stanley and The Nut!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Nut, Stanley TAS 7331, Australia
Explore the cute and quirky fishing village of Stanley and climb the imposing rock formation - The Nut!
Steeped in history, Stanley was discovered by Bass & Flinders in 1798 and named after Lord Stanley, the British Secretary of State for the Colonies. Aptly known as the ‘Edge of the World’, Stanley has also been named Tasmania’s premier Tourist Town than any other in the past decade. The town is filled with historic buildings, many over 150-years old, and including the birthplace of Joe Lyons, Australia’s only Tasmanian Prime Minister.
The major attraction of Stanley is The Nut, which affords a great view right along the coast; the Nut itself is a volcanic plug which rises some 492-feet (152-meters). If you are feeling energetic, you can climb the winding path to the Nut’s plateau or, for a more relaxed version, hop onto the chairlift for uninterrupted views of Bass Strait.
Duration: 8 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Chairlift option included for The Nut
- Morning tea
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
1: Ulverstone TAS 7315, Australia
2: Devonport TAS 7310, Australia
3: Burnie TAS 7320, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cradle Coast Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.