Float and walk through a beautiful section of river and see the world from the point of view of a platypus. The Lost World Canyon offers a truly unique way to experience Tasmania’s Wilderness World Heritage Area. This tour is all about getting up close and personal with nature. Available to participants aged eight and up, it is not aimed at the adrenaline junkie, but some jump rocks up to three metres high and other challenges spice things up. Some of the highlights include seeing 1000-year old pencil pine trees and hearing the story of James ‘Philosopher’ Smith – the legendary first canyoner at Cradle Mountain.
About This Deal
After kitting you out with wetsuits and other gear, we jump on our bus and drive into the National Park. A 20 min hike through rainforest and button grass plains gets us to the lovely Dove River. We then put on all the gear and the guides give a through safety briefing. The next hour is spent walking, floating, jumping and sliding our way downstream.
This is a super fun introduction to the world of canyoning and perfect for families or those after a fun adventure.
After exiting the river, we get changed again and hike back to the bus. When we get back to the office, the guides will put on a slide show of the photos they took on the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise us if you have any relevant medical conditions or preexisting injuries.
- We require safe conditions to run a tour. Tour location may be moved due to conditions. Sometimes it is necessary to cancel tours due to unsafe conditions, in which case a refund will be processed.
- Participants are required to sign a waiver of liability at the beginning of the tour
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Two Qualified and experienced guides
- Wetsuit and other necessary gear
- Transport from and back to our office, next to the Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre
- National Parks Entry Fee
3 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cradle Mountain Canyons in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.