Cruise Ship Excursions & Tours is a specialist in the operation of fantastic Tasmanian Shore Excursions. With over 20 years of industry experience coming together - we can't wait to greet you.
• Experience Hobarts unique history from the viewpoint of Salamanca Place & Battery Point.
• Feed Kangaroos & watch the Tasmanian Devil being feed at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. Experience Tasmania’s amazing native wildlife. Get up close & personal.
• Experience some of the oldest convict-built structures in Australia from the goal, bridge & church at Richmond Village. Tuck in at the Bakery or indulge the sweet tooth at Sweets & Treats.
• Travel in luxury appointed coaches that have been designed for your comfort & relaxation while experiencing the best that Tasmania can offer its guests.
• Listen to stories, little known secrets, interesting history from our Destination Expert guides. They practice every morning (seriously!!)
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Salamanca Arts Centre, 77 Salamanca Place, Hobart, Tasmania 7000 Australia
As you depart on your coach, you will be guided around Salamanca Place which is an area of great historical importance in Hobart with it being part of Sullivans Cove & is where Hobart had its origins in February 1804 after Lieutenant David Collins RN settled his pioneers and Hobart was founded. Salamanca Place itself consists of rows of sandstone buildings, formerly warehouses for the port of Hobart Town with a history of 180 years, with the site now housing everything from craft stores, shops, cafes, art galleries, live theatre, pubs and restaurants. It was named after the victory in 1812 of the Duke of Wellington in the Battle of Salamanca in the Spanish province of Salamanca as well as having Mt Wellington named after him.
Stop At: Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, 593 Briggs Rd, Hobart, Tasmania 7030 Australia
Moving onwards to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary which is a great place to experience a little bit of nature & native wildlife. You can get up close & personal with the Kangaroos while feeding them, pat the Wombats, pat the Koala’s & of course the Tasmanian Devil (no devil patting unfortunately!!). Bonorong is a Sanctuary so they don’t operate as a zoo & they only now deal with local wildlife & also run the first Tasmanian Wildlife Hospital in Tasmania. They not only have these animals, but a wide range of other animals which are sure to engross & scratch the wildlife itch.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Richmond Bridge, Bridge Street, Richmond, Clarence, Tasmania 2004 Australia
We then make our way to Richmond Village, a fantastic local sandstone timestamp of early colonial life, especially when we consider that they have the oldest built convict bridge 1823, oldest currently operating Catholic Church 1836 & the oldest convict built Goal 1825 in Australia. The village itself comes alive on the weekends & is a haven for bric-brac shops, arts & crafts, gourmet delicatessens & of course the famous sweets & treats lolly shop. There are plenty of lunch options (at guests own expense) which your guide will be happy to discuss with you as you enter the village.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Rosny Point Lookout, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
On the way back to Hobart, we get the chance to stop at Rosny Point Lookout which is a stunning visual (photogenic) attraction that perfectly shows Hobart to a visitor, with sweeping views up & down the Derwent River & Valley + Mt Wellington & is a great layout of Hobart & its Harbour. If you get it right, the sun is hitting the back of Mt Wellington just as we are leaving this lovely lookout.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 90 travelers
- Excellent wide spaced panoramic windows + curtains
- Knowledgeable & engaging local guide
- Spacious feet areas & cloth or leather reclining high backed seats
- Large overhead storage areas for luggage areas while touring
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- pre-organised entrance ticket to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Entry/Admission - Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Entry/Admission - Richmond Bridge
- Entry/Admission - Rosny Point Lookout
The Henry Jones Art Hotel, 25 Hunter St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will meet you inside the MAC 2 Cruise Terminal in Hobart Port. They will be there 30 minutes before the tour is scheduled to depart. Please find the guide at the entrance with the waiting sign for you. If you make your way outside beforehand, please be at the Henry Jones Art Hotel (25 Hunter St, Hobart TAS 7000) 5 minutes before the tour is supposed to depart. The hotel is directly down Hunter street on the left from the cruise terminal.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cruise Ship Excursions & Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.