Discover Hobart best destinations on this local shore excursion. Travel in luxurious high class quality coaches to some of Tasmania's most iconic convict, colonial, nature & wildlife destinations. Experience the absolute classic Tasmanian attractions every traveler wants to see.
• Discover the breath-taking scenery of Mt Wellington from 1200 meters above the Hobart Skyline. Grab that family or couple photo.
• Discover Kangaroos & admire the Tasmanian Devil at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. Experience Tasmania’s amazing native wildlife. Get up close & personal.
• Experience some of the oldest convict-built structures in Australia from the goal, bridge & church at Richmond Village. Tuck in at the Bakery or indulge the sweet tooth at Sweets & Treats.
• Local high quality professionally trained guides that cant wait to meet you.
• Trust the local professional shore excursion company, where we guarantee your return back to the cruise ship before it departs port.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Wellington, Pinnacle Road, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
Getting the chance for a great picture at the top of Mt Wellington is always a fantastic way to begin the day with the Mountain sitting at 1200 metres above the Hobart skyline. Did you know that Charles Darwin climbed the mountain while he was in Hobart Town? or that they used to take ice from the top to help make ice-cream for the Hobart confectioners? or that the Worlds Hardest Half Marathon runs up its slope? This is really one of the best ways to experience Hobart from 1200 metres above the waterline.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, 593 Briggs Rd, Brighton, Tasmania 7030 Australia
Moving onwards to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary which is a great place to experience a little bit of nature & native wildlife. You can get up close & personal with the Kangaroos, pat the Wombats, pat the Koala’s & of course the Tasmanian Devil (no devil patting unfortunately!!). Bonorong is a Sanctuary so they don’t operate as a zoo & they only now deal with local wildlife & also run the first Tasmanian Wildlife Hospital in Tasmania. They not only have these animals, but a wide range of other animals which are sure to engross & scratch the wildlife itch.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Richmond Bridge, Bridge Street, Richmond, Clarence, Tasmania 2004 Australia
We then make our way to Richmond Village, a fantastic local sandstone timestamp of early colonial life, especially when we consider that they have the oldest built convict bridge 1823, oldest currently operating Catholic Church 1836 & the oldest convict built Goal 1825 in Australia. The village itself comes alive on the weekends & is a haven for bric-brac shops, arts & crafts, gourmet delicatessens & of course the famous sweets & treats lolly shop. There are plenty of lunch options (at guests own expense) which your guide will be happy to discuss with you as you enter the village.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 90 travelers
- No extra fees or prices on the tour day - excluding lunch
- Private coach transportation
- Professional English speaking local TAS guide with live commentary on board
- Tasmanian Local Bottled Water on board
- Air-conditioned coach transport with large spacious windows
- Direct Cruise Ship Terminal Port pick up
- All attraction & destination entrance admission fees
- Entry/Admission - Mount Wellington
- Entry/Admission - Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Entry/Admission - Richmond Bridge
1: Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 16-20 Davey St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
2: Mac 2, 18 Hunter St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will meet you outside the MAC 2 Cruise Terminal in Hobart Port. Please be at the large numbers 02 outside near the taxi rank by 8:50am at the latest for collection. The guide will have a yellow fluro vest on for identification. Please call +61 0439 551 527 if you are unable to locate us. For local travelers, please use our other departure point.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cruise Ship Excursions & Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.