Travel in luxurious high class quality coaches to one of Tasmania's most iconic destinations at Cradle Mountain National Park. As a World Heritage Wilderness listed site & important piece of Tasmanian history, it is a must see.
• Experience the fantastic Cradle Mountain wilderness & enjoy the scenic walk around Dove Lake. Taste some of the freshest water possible in Tasmania.
• Discover see some of Tasmania's native wildlife with a platypus or two.
• See the Town of Murals at Sheffield where history & art come together to create a visual landscape that has to be seen to be believed.
• Listen to stories, little known secrets, interesting history from our Destination Expert guides. They practice every morning (seriously!!)
• Pre-organised Cradle Mountain entrance tickets & local high quality professionally trained guides that cant wait to meet you.
• Trust the local professional shore excursion company, where we guarantee your return back to the cruise ship before it departs port.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania Australia
Enjoy a day travelling from Burnie to the World Heritage area that is Cradle Mountain. Having been described as one of the most precious places in the world, Cradle Mountain is an absolute must on anybody's itinerary when coming to Tasmania. Having been noted for its beauty as far back as 1910 by Gustav Weindorfer (one of the most vehement advocates for this area) who proclaimed 'This must be a national park for the people for all time. It is magnificent and people must know about it & enjoy it'.
Having been proclaimed a National Park in 1922, this area is untouched, has been respected & enjoyed by countless generations of avid bush & nature enthusiasts. Weindorfers House is also the starting point for the World-famous overland track & could be considered a Tasmanian icon, although it has been rebuilt since they lived in it.
See the Ballroom Forest, lakeside beaches, our notorious horizontal bush scrub & of course a platypus or two. Late spring provides a plethora of blooming flowers & vegetation, untouched by man & industry.
The walk around Dove Lake is a fantastic little lakeside adventure to go on at just under six-kilometres, not the least because of the serene beauty that it gifts its guests with, but for the chance to possibly try out a little of some of the freshest water in the world, with the springs here clean, clear & beautiful to take a sip of.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tasmania’s Town of Murals, Sheffield, Tasmania Australia
Sheffield Town was always a rural town, itself being the entrance to the Cradle Mt National Park, but then something happened to the town - building & economy stopped when the hydroelectric dam constructions stopped. So, what do you do when facing a crisis? You make your town into a place of art & alfresco murals, hence Sheffield is 'The Town of Murals' with over 140 so far which covers the history of again Gustav Weindorfer, local personalities & historical events.
A worthwhile stop for any avid art lover, the art is engrossing & engaging with captivating views of Mt Roland in the background, with Sheffield still maintaining the quaint town feel of a rural setting.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- Excellent wide spaced panoramic windows + curtains
- Knowledgeable & engaging local guide
- Spacious feet areas & cloth or leather reclining high backed seats
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Pre-organised entrance tickets to Cradle Mountain National Park
- Entry/Admission - Cradle Mountain
- Entry/Admission - Tasmania’s Town of Murals
Makers' Workshop, 2 Bass Hwy, Burnie TAS 7320, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Tour Departure Address: After exiting the ship, please board the complimentary shuttle bus that will transport you to the Makers Workshop 5 minutes away where you will meet your tour guide. The buses run every 10 minutes.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cruise Ship Excursions & Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.