Experience a local shore excursion to some of Tasmania's most iconic wilderness & wildlife destinations. From a World Heritage listed site, to the Tasmanian Devil, it is a must choose
• Experience one of Tasmania's best National Parks at Mount Field. Walk amongst nature & explore the scenic beauty of the wilds up to Russel Falls.
• Discover the Tall Trees Walk at Mt Field. See old growth history right in front of you.
• Discover Kangaroos & watch see the Tasmanian Devi at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. Get up close & personal.
• Learn about Tasmania's fishing heritage & history, walk along the ponds while watching the trout play. Experience the relaxed & timely pace of the ponds.
• Experience the professionalism of skipping waiting lines & local high quality professionally trained guides that cant wait to meet you.
• Travel in luxurious high class quality coaches
• Trust the local shore excursion company, where we guarantee your return back to the cruise ship before it departs port.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Field National Park, 66 Lake Dobson Rd, National Park TAS 7140, Australia
Mt Field National Park is Tasmania's first national park, with stunning vistas, great walks, abundant wildlife and excellent visitor facilities. Russell Falls is the star attraction and even featured on Australia's first stamp. It's a short, 200-metre journey from the visitor centre, through enormous fern forests and some of the world's tallest trees. It perfectly encapsulates Tasmania in a nutshell with the pristine beauty of nature being carefully enjoyed by the intrusion of man to experience this majestic area of the world.
Just the smell along is an intoxicating experience. If there was ever a place for a perfect photo movement, it is here & especially at Russell Falls. There's a wide variety of wildlife in the park, including many of Tasmania's native mammals and endangered species, such as the eastern quoll and the eastern barred bandicoot. Eleven of Tasmania's twelve endemic birds can be seen here, too.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Salmon Ponds Heritage Hatchery and Gardens, Plenty, Tasmania, Australia 70 Salmon Ponds Rd Take the A10 and B62 north out of Hobart, New Norfolk, Tasmania 7140 Australia
The Salmon Ponds offer a fantastic other interpretation of colonial life, and you must learn why the fish here are trout & not salmon. To the European immigrants in the mid 1800’s, the Australian environment was very different to the land they had left behind. To make their new surroundings more like ‘home’ they introduced European plants and animals. Salmon was one of the many species chosen for introduction, largely because of the popularity of fishing but also because of the unexpected economic benefits.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, 593 Briggs Rd, Brighton, Tasmania 7030 Australia
Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary is a great place to experience a little bit of nature & local wildlife. You can get up close & personal with the Kangaroos, pat the Wombats, pat the Koala’s & of course the Tasmanian Devil (no devil patting unfortunately!!). Bonorong is a Sanctuary so they don’t operate as a zoo & they only now deal with local wildlife & also run the first Tasmanian Wildlife Hospital in Tasmania. They not only have these animals, but a wide range of other animals which are sure to engross & scratch the wildlife itch.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- No extra fees or prices on the tour day - excludes lunch
- Private coach transportation
- Professional English speaking local TAS guide with live commentary on board
- Tasmanian Local Bottled Water on board
- Local and knowledgeable guide for your tour
- Air-conditioned coach transport with large spacious windows
- All attraction & destination admission fees
- Direct Cruise Ship Terminal Port pick up
- Tasmanian Local knowledge, stories & experiences. Discover our Tasmanian lifestyle with locals
- Entry/Admission - Mount Field National Park
- Entry/Admission - Salmon Ponds Heritage Hatchery and Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
1: Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 16-20 Davey St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
2: Mac 2, 18 Hunter St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will meet you outside the MAC 2 Cruise Terminal in Hobart Port. Please be at the large numbers 02 outside near the taxi rank by 8:50am at the latest for collection. The guide will have a yellow fluro vest on for identification. Please call +61 0439 551 527 if you are unable to locate us. For local travelers, please use our other departure point.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Cruise Ship Excursions & Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.