We have been given exclusive access to the longer hikes on this World Heritage listed private Rainforest reserve.
This is probably the only guided walk north of the Daintree River which requires some moderate level of fitness. Most tour companies stick to the short board walks near the road.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Walu Wugirriga Lookout, 164 Cape Tribulation Road, Cow Bay, Queensland 4873 Australia
This spectacular rainforest lookout allows you to see all the way back across the ocean to Port Douglas, Snapper Island and Cape Kimberley beach.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Daintree National Park, Tropical Research Station, Cape Tribulation, Queensland 4873 Australia
It is a full day tour (approximately 7:30am to 3pm) which includes pickup from your accommodation, anywhere between Port Douglas to Cape Tribulation, and then an informative guided tour through the Daintree rainforest to the Noah Creek Valley where we will enjoy a two hour return hike to the Fossil Falls. This is a lovely pristine waterfall not open to the general public, on a private World Heritage reserve. The Valley is known as one of the most ancient and eco-diverse parts of the Wet Tropics Area. Guests can then swim in a gorgeous natural creek there and have a gourmet lunch overlooking the small gorge. To round out the day, we will usually have a stroll on Thornton Beach down to the mouth of Cooper Creek, where Thornton Peak is at its closest visible point, assuming it emerges from the mists !!
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Cape Tribulation Rd, Thornton Beach, Cape Tribulation, Queensland 4873 Australia
To round out the day, we will usually have a stroll on Thornton Beach down to the mouth of Cooper Creek, where Thornton Peak is at its closest visible point, assuming it emerges from the mists !!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Daintree Discovery Centre, Cnr Cape Tribulation Rd & Tulip Oak Rd, Cow Bay, Queensland 4873 Australia
During the wet season, approximately February to March, if the weather is too wet and slippery for hiking we will visit the fantastic Daintree Discovery Centre where you can learn first hand so much about this ancient ecosystem.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Lunch - A superb gourmet lunch is served overlooking the creek gorge, with meat, fish or vegetarian options. Also please ask us about special dietary requirements.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Daintree National Park
- Entry/Admission - Thornton Beach
- Entry/Admission - Daintree Discovery Centre
- Coffee and/or Tea - We usually drop in to the Turtle Rock cafe for a morning tea or coffee to get the day started!
- Snacks - We also have the option of visiting the Daintree ice cream company if you are returning with us south of the Noah Valley, where you can purchase an exotic fruit ice cream in the rainforest.
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up from your accommodation anywhere from Port Douglas to Cape Tribulation, or meet you at Cape Tribulation.
6 to 7 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Daintree Experience in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.