Join us for Darwin’s best food in a 3.5-hour walking tour. We’ll take you to a selection of Darwin’s finest restaurants and enjoy a wide variety of tasting plates for a lunch feast like no other. Chefs or other staff will chat about their creations and their strong emphasis on fresh local produce as well as the culinary influences of ingredients like Aboriginal bush spices. Your guide will escort you between restaurants and point out landmarks and tell my more about Darwin’s rich multicultural society and its culinary influences. And there’s lots to eat—we’ll fill you up, and vegetarian and gluten-free dishes are available throughout. Our tours feature different restaurants during the week. We also see the very cool augmented reality features of Darwin's street art and historical points of interest.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Darwin, Darwin, Top End, Northern Territory
Here are the kinds of gourmet dishes you can expect on a typical tour. You’ll get to try at least 12 different dishes. Note our focus on NT-sourced produce or Aboriginal bush foods.
Paperbark-smoked Humpty Doo barramundi with roasted bush tomato salsa and local beer damper bruschetta
Gin-cured Spanish mackerel, radish, herbs, grapefruit, mango vinaigrette
Rum Jungle buffalo carpaccio with river mint salsa verde, pickled Spanish onion and taro
Green papaya salad
Berber spiced kangaroo with tomato jam
Whole char grilled snapper with cashew sauce
Char grilled beef in local betel leaf
Salt and pepper marinated crocodile
Garlic kai lan
Native pepperberry loaf with saltbush spiced dukkah
Kangaroo fillet, lemon myrtle, beetroot relish, yogurt mousse and dukkah crumb
Chargrilled NT banana prawns
Black rice brulee, pandan-infused custard with black rice, brown sugar crumble and sesame meringue
Mango vanilla bean cheesecake, rosella and strawberry gum coulis, toasted coconut
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Darwin Street Art, Austin Lane, Darwin, Northern Territory 0800 Australia
Austin Lane, West Lane and other areas: an unexpected surprise when wandering Darwin's city streets is the murals that adorn the walls of our laneways. Since 2017, the Darwin Street Art Festival has brought vibrancy and colour to the city's walls, with international, national and local artists contributing to the large-scale art gallery. We’ll have photo opportunities in Darwin's celebrated Austin Lane, home to giant street art paintings.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: The Old Town Hall, 13 Smith St, Darwin, Northern Territory 0800 Australia
On Christmas Eve 1974, after almost a century enduring tropical conditions and 64 air raids during World War II, Darwin's Town Hall literally started crumbling during Cyclone Tracy. The heritage building—erected 14 years after European settlers arrived in the region in 1869—was damaged beyond repair by the natural disaster, as was much of the city. We’ll have photo opportunities at this heritage-listed site, a testament to the destructive power of the cyclone that destroyed much of Darwin.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: 7 Kitchener Dr Darwin Waterfront Precinct, Darwin, Northern Territory 0800 Australia
This is a great place to find gourmet food and drink, not to mention that it’s set on a beautiful lagoon on Darwin Harbour. Our tours are constantly changing and we feature different establishments on different days of the week. Waterfront restaurants on our tour can include Wharf One, Hot Tamale, Snapper Rocks, Chow, and others. Weather permitting, we’ll dine outside with a view of the harbour.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please tell us if you have any medical condition that may affect your ability to attend the tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- We closely follow all health advice provided by the Northern Territory Department of Health. Please do not come on the tour if you are not feeling well.
- Lunch - This guided 3.5-hour food tour gives you the best of Darwin’s fine dining scene. Features fresh local ingredients including Aboriginal bush spices and foods. Plus historic and cultural landmarks.
- Soda/Pop - Coffee, tea, standard soft drinks
Phat Mango by Martin the Chef, 56 Smith Street corner of Knuckey &, Austin Ln, Darwin City NT 0800, Australia
3 hours 30 minutes
Darwin Waterfront Precinct, 19B Kitchener Dr, Darwin City NT 0800, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Darwin Gourmet Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.