Your sunset cruise aboard the 'Charles Darwin' takes in the beautiful Darwin Harbour in full air-conditioned comfort. You will have access to the Sun Deck (Third, top deck) where the best views of Darwin’s famous sunset are experienced. This 2.5-hour cruise includes great commentary on the harbor and Darwin’s great history. You have the option to include a buffet dinner and there is a licensed bar on board with great priced drinks and snacks to enjoy.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Darwin Harbour Cruises, Shop 7, Port Arcade Stokes Hill Wharf, Darwin, Northern Territory 0800 Australia
Your cruise will depart from DOCK 3, located at the very end of Stokes Hill Wharf, city side. Crew members will meet you under the large white umbrellas and will commence boarding 20-minutes prior to the cruise departure time.
Generally you will leave Stokes Hill Wharf, travel along the Esplanade cruising along at 4 knots past the Larrakeyah Naval barracks, Cullen Bay and Fannie Bay. Your experienced skipper reserve the right to change the route subject to tidal conditions, guest’s safety and comfort. Tidal conditions determine how close to the coast the 'Charles Darwin' can operate.
Hear knowledgeable commentary from the crew on Darwin History, Cyclone Tracey and the bombing of Darwin. In the past there have been sightings of crocodiles, dolphins, turtles and dugongs, however there is no guarantee you will see wildlife on your cruise.
You will experience a Sunset on Darwin Harbour followed by Darwin’s skyline lit up at night.
The Vessel - Charles Darwin
The ‘Charles Darwin’ is a steel-hulled tri-level catamaran originally named Shangri-La Princess. Built in Adelaide in 1990 for the Stannard family, a well-known name in the boating industry. ‘Charles Darwin’ was built for use on the Gold Coast “Broadwater” taking passengers from Surfer’s Paradise to the Shangri-La resort on Stradbroke Island. After many years’ service, two further owners and two name changes, she became part of Darwin Harbour Cruises family in April 2010. After extensive re-build and refurbishment in Brisbane, she sailed for Darwin as the ‘Charles Darwin’ in August 2010.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible on a case by case basis, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required.
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- We are ready to welcome you back to travel with confidence. Our JourneySafe COVID safety protocols means that we have implemented enhanced procedures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic so that you can travel with peace of mind.
- Live commentary on board
- Sunset Harbour Cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Stokes Hill Road, Stokes Hill Rd, Darwin City NT 0800, Australia
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Darwin Harbour Cruises in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.