Trevallyn hydroelectric power station is located 5 minutes from the heart of Launceston and was commissioned in 1955.
It houses 4 generators of around 25MW capacity each and supplies around 4% of Tasmania's installed generating capacity.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Trevallyn Road, Launceston, Tasmania 7250 Australia
Trevallyn power station was commissioned in 1955 and took over from the Duck Reach power station that started operation in December 1895. Duck Reach power station was the first publicly owned generating electricity plant in the Southern Hemisphere
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for persons under 16 years of age.
- Long sleeved shirt, long trousers and enclosed shoes must be worn on tour.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Safety helmets, high visibility vests, safety glasses,
- Entry/Admission - Lake Trevallyn
- Children under 16 years of age.
- Alcoholic Beverages
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Discover Tasmania Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.