Explore the best of World Heritage listed Fraser Island in comfort with this premium 2 day camping tour! Visit the stunning Lake McKenzie with time to relax and enjoy a swim in the crystal clear waters, try your hand at some thrilling beach and sand driving, visit the famous Maheno Shipwreck and rest easy in comfortable beds at our permanent campsite.
About This Deal
Day 1: Rainbow Beach to Lake McKenzie
Pass By: Lake McKenzie, Fraser Island, Queensland 4581 Australia
We begin on the mainland with a morning brief at Freedom Rainbow Beach. At 9:30, once the brief is over and we’re packed and ready to go we depart for Fraser Island. After a short 10 minute drive to the ferry, we board for a short barge crossing to World Heritage listed Fraser Island, the world’s largest sand island!
Once we land, we speed along what’s known by the locals as Fraser Island’s highway, the eastern beach! From the eastern beach we head to the picturesque Lake McKenzie, famous for its amazing scenery and almost crystal clear waters. Here we stop for lunch and for some time to chill out and enjoy the sun, sand and water. After enjoying a swim or working on your tan we drive up the beach to our private campsite. Here you won’t have to worry about the stress of setting up your tent! We’ve got you covered with permanent tents and comfortable beds. Once at the campsite we have an early dinner and some well-deserved drinks while we swap stories with our new found friends.
Accommodation included: Stay the night in permanent tents at our private campsite.
Day 2: Fraser Island to Rainbow Beach
Stop At: Indian Head, Fraser Island, Queensland 4581 Australia
We wake up in the morning for a quick breakfast before an awesome second day on Fraser Island. Depending on tidal conditions we’ll either head up to Indian Head, Fraser Island’s highest point, or drive to the beginning of the Lake Wabby walk.
If we go to Indian Head you’ll have the opportunity to try spot whales (seasonal) and sharks in the ocean. We’ll then head over to the Champagne Pools for a dip! Alternatively, if we go to Lake Wabby, you’ll get the chance to walk through epic sand dunes to a tropical paradise!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Maheno Wreck, Seventy-Five Mile Beach, Fraser Island, Queensland 4581 Australia
Enjoy a stop at the Maheno Shipwreck where you can learn a short history about this famous Fraser Island icon and grab photos of this well known wreck.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Eli Creek, 75 Mile Beach Road, Fraser Island, Queensland 4581 Australia
We'll then visit Eli Creek, a beautifully clear creek which is perfect for a relaxing swim and walk along the boardwalks. Let the gentle current float you along as you take in the beautiful scenery.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Rainbow Beach Tourist Centre, 3/6 Rainbow Beach Rd, Rainbow Beach, Queensland 4581 Australia
Then it's time to begin our drive back down the beach and back to the barge where we wave goodbye to Fraser Island and join the mainland again. Once back, we return to the 4WD shed where we unpack and quickly clean the cars. We arrive back at Freedom Rainbow Beach between 3pm and 4pm.
Duration: 1 hour
No accommodation included on this day.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 23 travelers
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- All camping permits, national park and vehicle permits
- Fuel for 4x4s & all camping equipment (optional sleeping bag costs $15)
- All your food for Fraser island (please inform us of any dietary requirements)
- Return ferry transfer
- Luggage storage and safety deposit at Freedom Rainbow Beach
- $20 cash insurance to be paid by everybody
18 Spectrum St, Rainbow Beach QLD 4581, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Discovery Adventure Group in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.