Award winning day tour of Maria Island National Park to view seals, dolphins, wombats, kangaroos, eagles, wallabies, albatross and whales (during migration), famous geology and UNESCO convict history. Your tour will depart from Triabunna (approximately 1-hour and 15-minutes from Hobart). Includes a 4-hour scenic cruise of Maria Island with a 2-hour stay on the island. Lunch is provided with your tour as a beautiful selection of salad bowls from our cafe. Lunch will be enjoyed on the boat at anchor in a secluded bay. Local wines (Darlington Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc) and Tasmanian premium lager are also provided during lunch. A single serve is complimentary with your tour. Additional alcoholic drinks are $6 per serve. Cakes, water, tea, coffee, orange juice, soda water and soft drinks are also provided complimentary.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: East Coast Cruises, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
Award winning Cruise & Walk day tour of Tasmania's stunning Maria Island National Park. The only tour to combine viewing wild seals, dolphins, wombats, kangaroos, Cape Barren geese, eagles, wallabies, albatross and whales (during migration) with World famous geological landscapes and UNESCO World Heritage convict history and lunch at a remote pristine beach. An amazing day tour from Hobart.
Rated the #1 tour in Hobart on Tripadvisor!
The perfect tour for local, interstate and international visitors wanting to escape to nature, relax, unwind and come face to face with Australia's iconic native animals and famous landscapes.
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Maria Island National Park, Tasmania Australia
Enter onto Maria Island National Park for a 2-hour guided walk of Maria's UNESCO World Heritage listed convict settlement. Come face to face with Maria Island's iconic native wildlife including wombats, kangaroos, wallabies, Cape Barren geese and even possibly Tasmanian devils. Maria Island is the best place in the world to see wombats in the wild!
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please book your Hobart shuttle bus separately by choosing the tour + bus option if you do require the pickup
- Tours are subject to weather and minimum numbers
- Tours are perfect for children and families!
- The vessel is safe and comfortable and provides protection from the elements
- The vessel has a comfortable on board toilet, which doubles as a change room for those wanting to swim
- East Coast Cruises reserves the right to cancel departures at anytime and will refund the full amount of any monies paid by the customer.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Our 5-star tour is catered with drinks and optional food/lunch onboard
- Designed and guided by professional scientists
- Small and personalised tour groups. Maximum 24 people for room to move about the boat!
- Waterproof jackets and pants available onboard the boat
- Perfect for children
- Seasickness tablets and wristbands provided to all guests if required
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- 4-hour scenic cruise
- 2-hour stay on Maria Island
- Guided walk of Darlington convict settlement
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Chilled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Soda water
- Soft drinks
- Orange juice
- Wombat viewing
- Seal viewing (morning tea & coffee with Australian fur seals!)
- Kangaroo viewing
- Dolphin watching
- Whale watching
- Alcoholic Beverages - Complimentary single serve during lunch
- Lunch - Choose from a selection of healthy salad bows. Please indicate if you would like either a Chicken aioli salad, smoked salmon salad, roast beef salad, leg ham salad, vegetarian salad or vegan salad.
- Landing and facility fees
- Hotel shuttle bus pickups are available for guests staying in Hobart
- Hotel shuttle bus (additional $30 per person return).
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the East Coast Cruises in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.