Enjoy a fun stand-up paddleboard (SUP) experience from Basin Campground in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, one of the most peaceful bodies of water around Sydney’s Northern Beaches. Start with a SUP lesson, then explore the protected waters of Pittwater estuary on a tour with your expert guide. After one hour with your guide, get an additional 30 minutes to paddle around on your own. Your small-group tour includes equipment and instruction. With numbers limited to eight participants, you are sure to receive personalized attention from your guide.
What You'll Get
Make your own way to Basin Campground in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park to begin your 90-minute stand-up paddleboarding experience.
When you arrive at Basin Campground, your guide provides a safety briefing, then gets you started using the supplied rental equipment. If this is the first-time you have used a SUP, get to know the basics with a lesson on land. Learn how to handle your board and paddle; when you’re confident, grab your board and step into the water.
Practice standing up and balancing, and learn how to steer and turn. Once you’ve mastered the basics, follow your guide on a tour around the gentle waters of Pittwater, an estuary next to Basin Campground. This area is protected from wind, waves, and boats, making it an ideal place to for paddleboarding in calm, safe waters.
The Basin is known as one of the best places in Sydney to see native animals in their natural habitat. As you paddle, keep your eyes peeled for wallabies, monitor lizards (goannas), and birds such as sea eagles, kookaburras and lyre birds. Your guide also points out ancient aboriginal sites and early settler heritage during your tour.
After a 1-hour lesson and tour, enjoy an extra 30 minutes to SUP on your own. Then return your gear and make your way to your next destination.
You may want to check out nearby picnic and BBQ facilities, and walking trails that lead to sites with indigenous rock engravings.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You cannot drive to the Basin Campground. You can either catch 20min ferry from Palm Beach or 2.75km bush walk from West head road along Basin trail 30-45mins.
- Please bring swimwear, sunscreen, hat and towel
- All participants must be able to swim 50 meters freestyle unassisted, float and tread water, if not you can wear life jacket
- All medical requirements must be declared to our staff once booking is confirmed.
- Please note pregnant participants are not permitted to join the tour
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Local guide
- All necessary equipment and life vest if required
- 1 hour guided lesson & tour
- Extra 30 mins self guided paddle hire
- Total 1.5hrs
- Food and drinks
- National Park entry fee ($4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Basin Campground, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the EcoTreasures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.