Explore Byron Bay is a local business that offers authentic Aboriginal tours within Cape Byron Conservation Area. Our tours are guided by Delta Kay, an Arakwal Bundjalung woman who is passionate about sharing local Aboriginal culture. Delta is well known and respected as an Arakwal elder in the Byron Shire. Her ancestors have lived in the area surrounding Byron Bay for thousands of years and Arakwal customs, knowledge, ceremonies and stories have been passed down to her for safe keeping.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cape Byron State Conservation Area, Lighthouse Road, Byron Bay, New South Wales 2481 Australia
On this tour, guests are taken on an easy 500 metre (1.5 hour) return walk while learning about significant places and hearing local history and traditional stories. There are opportunities to learn some Bundjalung language and about bush food, natural medicine, tools, weapons and artifacts.
During the tour, guests often see an abundance of wildlife, such as dolphins, wallabies and Fairy Wrens to name a few. From coastal rainforest to crashing waves and rocky cliffs, the views on this tour are truly special. We highly recommend that guests wear appropriate shoes and have a waterbottle, hat and sunscreen. At the end of each tour, guests enjoy tasting a variety of delicious bush tucker foods and have nice cup of bush tea and a biscuit.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
1 Brooke Dr, Byron Bay NSW 2481, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
We offer a free pick-up and drop-off services for guests within 6km of the Byron Bay CBD. If you would like to use this service, please call 0467277669.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Explore Byron Bay in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.