Experience an unforgettable day meandering through quaint, historical villages reminiscent of a bygone era, on a quest to discover some of the finest wines of the Barossa Valley. We are a small-group specialist (and group private tours) operating in the picturesque, world famous wine region of the Barossa Valley. Relax and enjoy the secrets of the Barossa while sampling outstanding Rieslings and Chardonnays with subtle fruity flavours, superb Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignons through to the Barossa's unforgettable fortified wines. Your tastebuds will also be tantalised by local delights from boutique dried fruits to delectable artisan cheeses. Wine tastings are included. Our Barossa guests enjoy a pickup from your accommodation between 9.30am - 10.00am. If you are travelling from Adelaide feel free to contact us on 0409486783 to obtain a quote for a pickup and return to Adelaide for groups of up to 11 guests.
Our tours can be modified and we try our best to include individual requests.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 730 Seppeltsfield Rd, Seppeltsfield, South Australia 5355 Australia
Seppeltsfield is an iconic tourist attraction in the Barossa. You have about an hour to try a wine tasting (including your year of birth port at an additional cost), visit the art gallery and spend some time at Vasse Virgin olive oil products. There is time for a coffee at the restaurant (Fino).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Langmeil Winery 65 Para Rd Cnr Langmeil Rd & Para Rd, Tanunda, South Australia 5352 Australia
Langmeil Winery is one of the oldest wineries in the Barossa Valley and you are treated to an outstanding complimentary wine tasting at their cellar door.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Peter Lehmann Wines, Para Road, Tanunda, South Australia 5352 Australia
We usually stop for lunch at Peter Lehmann winery. Guests can choose to order their own lunch (own cost) and we can recommend the cheese and Barossa products platter with a selected glass of wine. There is an opportunity to include a complimentary wine tasting (optional)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Chateau Dorrien, Cnr. Barossa Valley Way & Seppeltsfield Rd Crn Barossa Valley Way and Seppeltsfield Road, Tanunda, South Australia 5352 Australia
Chateau Dorrien is an optional addition to our tour if you would like to go there. We can modify the programme to include a wine tasting at Chateau Dorrien.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Barossa Valley Cheese Company, 67b Murray St, Angaston, South Australia 5353 Australia
We enjoy stopping at the Barossa Valley Cheese Factory in Angaston to do a lovely cheese tasting. You are welcome to purchase some cheese.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Yalumba, Eden Valley Road, Angaston, South Australia 5353 Australia
We usually start the day with a visit to Yalumba, just out of Angaston. The historic grounds, a visit to the cooperage and a lovely wine tasting is included
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Rockford Winery, 131 Krondorf Road, Tanunda, South Australia 5352 Australia
An outstanding boutique winery. A visit to Rockford is an experience which includes tasting outstanding wines, historic buildings and a lovely cellar door experience.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Maggie Beer's Farm Shop, Pheasant Farm Road, Nuriootpa, South Australia 5355 Australia
We can include a visit to Maggie Beer's farm shop. This is an optional extra for guests who would like to visit. Let us know on the day.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Barossa Valley Chocolate Company, 64 Burings Rd, Tanunda SA 5352, Australia
A great way to end the day. This is an optional extra. A visit to the chocolate factory can be included on our tour.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Fernweh Guesthouse, 20 Elizabeth St, Tanunda SA 5352, Australia
May of our tour guests stay with us at our Guesthouse (Fernweh Guesthouse) right in the centre of Tanunda. Feel free to contact us for accommodation.
Our tours have a set itinerary, however, we regularly modify a tour programme on the day to suit the needs of our guests. Feel free to request any changes and will do our best to include your requests.
Duration: 5 minutes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- In Summer, wear clothes to protect you from the sun, bring a hat and wear sun cream.
- in Winter, wear warm clothes and bring an umbrella (just in case!)
- Comfortable casual clothes.
- Terms and Conditions
- Fernweh Tours, trading as Low Cost Tours Pty Ltd, shall not be liable for any illness, injury, damages, loss, delay or failure to join the tour that may occur due to factors beyond our control on a tour. We recommend all passengers have travel / health insurance coverage. Low Cost Tours Pty Ltd retains the right to alter routes, itineraries, fares, days of operation or cancel tours in the very unlikely event that unforeseen circumstances occur. The company is a registered tour operator and holds full public liability insurance.
- Cancellation / Refund Policy
- A tour may be cancelled up until 7 days prior to the tour departure with a full refund. No refund applies for cancellations within 7 days of a tour departure.
- Minimum numbers:
- Our tours are guaranteed to run, regardless of numbers booked. Our tours will not be cancelled due to a low number of bookings. We will operate our group tours with a minimum of one guest.
- Seat belts:
- All passengers must be seated and wearing seatbelts when the vehicle is moving at all times.
- Alcohol, smoking and food:
- The consumption of alcohol is prohibited on the bus.
- Smoking is prohibited on the bus
- Consumption of food is prohibited on the bus.
- Drinking of bottled water is permitted.
- Personal Information:
- Any personal information which is collected as part of the booking process will not be provided to any third party. Email addresses will be retained and used for promotional purposes, directly from our company to our clients. Please note that clients may unsubscribe from any advertising at any time. The advertising highlights discounts, vouchers and offers which may be of interest to our clients in the future. We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
- Pick Up Time and Place:
- Our tour bus will arrive at your designated pick up address at an advised time. Please note that passengers are responsible for being at the pick up point on time. A period of 5 extra minutes will be allowed before the bus will depart. The driver will endeavour to make phone contact via mobile phone with any passenger who is not at the designated pick up point at the designated time. No refund will be provided to passengers who miss their pick up.
- Intoxication / excessive drinking:
- Winery staff are required by law to refuse service and the provision of alcohol to any person who is intoxicated as per Responsible Service Of Alcohol laws. Any person who is refused alcohol will not be permitted to consume alcohol for the remained of the tour. No financial compensation applies.
- Cleaning / Damages:
- We want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable day. Therefore passengers are reminded that any unacceptable behaviour, i.e. verbal abuse or bodily harm, will be treated strictly in accordance with the law; damage fees will apply.
- The driver reserves the right to refuse entry to the bus, if any actions are deemed threatening or dangerous to the driver or other passengers. The driver is authorised to have an unruly passenger who is threatening or placing the driver or passengers in a dangerous situation removed. The matter may be reported to the Police or relevant authority if deemed necessary by the driver or management.
- A cleaning fee of $200 applies to any passenger who vomits on the bus due to excessive consumption of alcohol. Any deliberate damage to the bus will incur a fee for the cost of replacement / repair of damage caused, at managements discretion.
- Full payment for a tour is required at the time of booking.
- Not for children
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- complimentary bottled water throughout the day
- all wine tastings at wineries
- door to door pick up in the Barossa Valley
- a fantastic day
- Bottled water
Traveler pickup is offered
We are able to pick up groups from Adelaide. Please note that you need to contact us DIRECTLY to discuss the number of passengers and a tour cost.
6 hours 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Fernweh Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.