If you've visited before, are a huge foodie, or just want something authentic to do in Adelaide, this food history tour is for you!
Join us for our two-hour Adelaide food tour around the city centre, where you will discover the local meats and sweets of South Australia. As we detail the history of these locally made products, you'll taste the city's best chocolate, nuts, and iced coffee, plus oddities we grow up eating in Adelaide: a frog cake and some fritz. Finally, lunch will be provided from within the market at a popular bakery (a meat pie/pasty etc of your choice). You'll take away a surprise dessert plus extra goodies to continue your Adelaide food journey!
- Vegetarians can be catered for if requested on booking or via email. Please nominate if you'd like a spinach and fetta roll, vegetarian pasty or vegan pasty so we can ensure this is reserved for you on the day.
- Children will receive a flavoured milk or juice instead of iced coffee unless requested otherwise.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Adelaide Arcade, 112-118 Grenfell St, Adelaide, South Australia 5000 Australia
This arcade is part of Adelaide's early history, and features one of the city's Haigh's Chocolate stores. They're an Adelaide institution, and you'll get samples of Australia's best chocolate here.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Rundle Mall, Gawler Pl, Adelaide, South Australia 5000 Australia
Rundle Mall is Adelaide's main shopping strip, but learn about its part in local baking history and how nostalgia still remains among locals.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Adelaide Central Market, 44 - 60 Gouger St, Adelaide, South Australia 5000 Australia
Adelaide's food mecca is our final stop, getting a taste of 150+ years of history. Discover fritz meat with its German influence, and grab a bakery lunch with a surprise dessert to finish off the food journey!
Duration: 40 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Please note that while we don't require any proof of COVID vaccination, we are subject to any mandates of places we visit. At the time of writing, this tour is unaffected, but circumstances can change at any time. Thanks for your understanding!
- Lunch - A bakery item of your choice - meat pie, pasty, sausage roll, etc. You'll also get a surprise dessert!
- Snacks - Samples include: Haigh's chocolate, Balfours frog cake, Charlesworth nuts, fritz
- Extra goodies to take home
- Time to make purchases at shops visited
Haigh's Chocolates Adelaide Arcade, Adelaide Arcade, Shop 1/112/118 Grenfell St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Adelaide Central Market, 44-60 Gouger St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Flamboyance Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.