Uncover the hidden side to this popular port city on a 3 hour walking tour hosted by a passionate local guide. Explore out-of-the-way venues you'd probably never come across on your own, revel in the unique culture and history of the area and - most importantly - experience some of its most delicious food & drinks! Quirky cafes, sensational sushi, cracking coffee, amazing cheese, great bars and fantastic drinks - Freo (as the locals call it) really does have it all when you know where to look.
What You'll Get
Meet your guide near the beautiful train station and embark and set off on your 3 hour tour of this beautiful, unique and historic port city. Fremantle really does have its own style and vibe that has to be experienced first-hand to be properly understood.
You’ll start with a wander through the historic West End to check out hidden cafes and sip on delicious coffee as you learn about the fantastic architecture and important role Fremantle played in West Australian history.
Learn how Australia does breakfast better than almost anywhere in the world with a visit to a fantastic local café serving up so much more than just great coffee as you share some fantastic food while you chat with your fellow food adventurers.
Next you’ll sample sushi with a difference (there are blowtorches involved!) with a demonstration and tasting at an amazing local modern Japanese restaurant.
Wet your whistle with a quick drink stop at a historic local pub and learn about the important role Fremantle played in Australia’s craft beer scene.
Learn about the important role the Italian immigrant community has played in shaping the culture and food of the area and check out a secret cellar previously used for making wine.
Nibble on a delectable charcuterie plate served up by one of the country’s best stocked deli counters.
Finally you’ll finish up with a drink at a great local small bar where you’ll learn about an awesome locally produced gin and we welcome to stay around as long as you desire after the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking (unfortunately we cannot accomodate vegans)
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Expert Local guide
- Food and drink (please note that food is NOT INCLUDED in the ticket price - total food costs are approximately AU$25 to be paid in cash on the day of your tour)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Drinks & coffee (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Opposite the Fremantle Train Station (at the historic fountain at the corner of Market and Phillmore St in front of il Cibo cafe)
11am (please be at the meeting point by 10:45am for registration)
3 to 4 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Food Loose Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.