East African cuisine has had influences from Indian, French, British, Egyptian and Turkish flavours to name a few. In a journey through the sub Saharan Africa, taste the blends of spices, in a bowl of fufu, a warm piece of Injera (Ethiopian bread) or matoki (lamb stew). Sudan's more common foods are kisira (a type of pancake), rice, asida (ugali, or stiff porridge), and fish. In Ethiopia, typical foods would be injera/firfir, kichah (spiced pancake), dabo (bread), and bula (ensete, or stiff porridge). These are normally served with a variety of hot sauces (wat, or watt) on one large tray for the entire family.
Get ready for a gastronomical experience for your taste buds.
We guarantee you will be back for more!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Footscray, Footscray, Maribyrnong, Greater Melbourne, Victoria
We explore Footscray on our journey through Africa. With a population of over 5000 African descendents, it is the perfect place to try some authentic bread, buy some berbere spices and get your hands on the original coffee from Ethiopia.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Visit to a grocery shop and the opportunity to learn about the spices
- A Progressive 3 course Lunch at African Restaurants and cafes
Footscray Station, Hopkins St &, Irving St, Footscray VIC 3011, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Foodie Trails in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.