Discover beautiful Fraser Island with a Fraser Dingo 2 Day Tagalong Tour and be part of a unique and unforgettable 4WD adventure! Take turns driving a 4WD in a tag-along led by our experienced and knowledgeable guide. Swim at pristine locations such as Lake McKenzie, Eli Creek and Lake Wabby. Stop for photo ops at the Maheno shipwreck and the Pinnacles on the Seventy-Five Mile Beach. With comfortable Beach House accommodation at night (with great food, dorms and hot showers!) it’s the perfect balance between adventure and comfort!
What You'll Get
Discover Fraser Island with a Fraser Dingo Tagalong Tour and be part of a unique and unforgettable 4WD adventure!
Do you want to drive a 4WD but would also like a guided tour? Do you want a 4WD adventure but not so keen on camping? Do you want a small group but still like to socialise? Get the best of both worlds with a Fraser Dingo Tagalong Tour, the perfect balance between adventure and comfort! Explore Fraser Island by day in our pink automatic 4WDs and enjoy the comfort of the accommodation at night (with great food, dorms and hot showers!).
So, what is a Tagalong Tour?? This is where the lead 4WD is driven by our experienced and knowledgeable guide. The following 4WDs are driven by you guys, the customers that nominate to drive on the tour. You don’t need experience driving a 4WD, our thorough safety briefing and experienced guide will make sure you are ready for a once in a lifetime driving experience! Customers tell us it is the best thing they have done in Australia! You must be 21 or over to drive, but don’t worry if you are under 21, you can still come along as a passenger and experience the best 4WD adventure!
2 Day Tagalong Tour (Departs Tuesday & Thursday):
• Walk under the rainforest at Central Station, the heart of Fraser Island
• 4WD on 75 Mile Beach to the Pinnacles (coloured sands)
• Swim, splash or take a tube ride at Eli Creek
• See the world renowned Maheno Shipwreck, great photo opportunity
• Adventure along 4WD tracks to Lake Garrrawongera or walk the bush and dune track into emerald green Lake Wabby
• Relax, play and swim at the beautiful Lake McKenzie
• Relaxed, friendly and loads of fun
• Private beach house with dorm rooms at Happy Valley on Fraser Islands Eastern beach
• Great fresh food with loads of vegies! We cater for vegetarian, vegan, lactose free and gluten free
• Toilets, hot showers, barbecue
• Beach access: relax in the pristine water and white sands, play a game of beach volleyball, enjoy a guided beach walk (wildlife spotting at night, see the sun rise over the ocean in the morning)
• Take part in Fraser’s legendary pink Tagalong and drive a PINK 4WD
• Eco Certified tourism operator, all vehicles are carbon offset!
• Experienced knowledgeable lead guide
• Meet like-minded travellers and see all the sights
Where we stay:
We stay at Happy Valley on Fraser Island’s Eastern beach in a private beach house accommodation. Small group dorm rooms (3 to 4 pax per room), bathrooms with hot showers and toilets, communal decked area and kitchen with BBQ. One double room available for upgrade (extra fee + subject to availability)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Things to note:
- Tour departs Hervey Bay Tuesdays and Thursdays
- You will receive an information email 2 days before departure, this is how everything is organised for the tour. Make sure you answer it!
- No off-road driving experience necessary, you will be briefed and shown the correct methods. There is no pressure to drive, you are more than welcome to be a passenger!
- Drivers must be 21 years or over, with an open license (automatic transmission)
- Driver safety briefing 7:30am the morning of departure (no pick-ups provided for this briefing)
- Passengers only need to be a minimum of 18 years of age (tour not appropriate for children)
- Passenger only? Meeting at 08:30am if you are driving your own car to our office (free parking!), or pick ups available from 8:30am from: AUSSIE WOOLSHED, FLASHPACKERS HOSTEL, TORQUAY BUS STOP
- Returns approx 6:15pm on the second day
- Trip itinerary can vary depending on weather and unforeseen circumstances i.e. access closures. Our guides reserve the right to make the best call for passenger's safety and comfort
- You will be stopping by the shops at 09:00am the morning of departure if you wish to buy alcohol or snacks.
- You can bring on the tour only a small backpack, there is not enough space in the vehicles to bring suitcases/travel backpacks! Luggage storage available for $10.
- If less than two vehicles on the tour, the lead guide is the only person legally allowed to drive the vehicle. Alternative accommodation is possibly used without notice.
- Minimum numbers are required for the tour to depart.
- What to bring:
- Hat, sunnies, sunscreen
- Re-usable water bottle
- Little backpack with clothes for 2 days (check the weather prior to the tour!), toiletries, swimmers & towel
- Sleeping Bag essential (or hire a "sleep tight pack" for $15 (sleeping bag, under sheet, & includes a free tote bag you can keep!)
- Bluetooth speaker, camera, phone charger
- Alcohol and snacks if you wish
- Big smile & sense of adventure!
- Guided 4WD Adventure with Eco Certified tourism operator Fraser Dingo 4WD Adventures
- See the best Fraser Island has to offer
- Barge transfers and all required permits
- The opportunity to drive an automatic PINK 4WD on Fraser Island
- Driving is optional, come along as a passenger and enjoy the ride
- Free pick ups (passengers only) from: AUSSIE WOOLSHED, FLASHPACKERS HOSTEL, TORQUAY BUS STOP
- Free car parking for your own vehicle at our office while you are away
- Accommodation on Fraser Island
- Volunteers on site to help out with cooking and cleaning
- Linen is not provided. Customers can bring their own sleeping bag or hire a "sleep tight pack" for $15 (sleeping bag, under sheet, & includes a free tote bag you can keep!). This is payable direct to the operator.
- Bag storage: You are only allowed to bring a small bag like a day pack. Larger bags/ backpacks must be stored AU$10 per bag
Urangan, Hervey Bay or Hervey Bay HOSTELS (only)
Returns to original departure point at approximately 6:30pm on day 2
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Fraser Dingo 4WD Hire in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.